Bicentennial Bikeway upgrade begins

Rhubarb

Re: Bicentennial Bikeway upgrade begins

Postby Rhubarb » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:14 am

I've been using the Go Between then Kurilpa route to city anyway so this will just mean an increase in traffic.

Kurilpa is good for me as I currently use the kg square cycle 2city facility. In sept well move to our new building in Albert St which will probably mean going down and crossing at the goodwill bridge. That amount of traffic thru south bank will be interesting ( read nightmare).

It will be good and safer when it's finished though. Keep focussed on the outcome ....

Comedian

Bicentennial Bikeway upgrade begins

Postby Comedian » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 am

I reckon it will be cyclo chaos crossing north quay in the afternoons and people going down the footpaths getting to the ramp from George st.

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:26 pm

The chaos will be at its worst over the next few weeks because they will still be finishing off the current works where they hold you up and release you in batches, rather than allowing the normal even spread of riders to flow.

must keep focussing on end result ......

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:58 am

Crawf wrote:Might already be stating the obvious to some, but if you regularly ride along Coro you will need to take some major diverts as of next Tuesday (14/6/2011) for 6 MONTHS!

MAP
Moved to Wednesday now.

I'd been badgering the BCC for an accurate date. As of Saturday am it's pushed back to wednesday morning.
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:19 am

Morning everyone

I am locking this Thread on the Bicenntennial Bikeway upgrade and starting a new thread as the next phase has a whole set of new issues.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated