Crit racing Vic park

bongo

Crit racing Vic park

Postby bongo » Sat May 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Poked my head in on my lunch break today,looked pretty good.Any participants here?Any other comments?

DanielS

Re: Crit racing Vic park

Postby DanielS » Sat May 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Yep I raced today at about 1230 in C-grade. Great course - much more fun than Regency Park where the crits usually are. The wind on the back straight was tough!

bongo do you race?

bongo

Postby bongo » Sun May 31, 2009 6:55 pm

DanielS wrote:Yep I raced today at about 1230 in C-grade. Great course - much more fun than Regency Park where the crits usually are. The wind on the back straight was tough!

bongo do you race?
No I dont,was thinking of having a crack.My fitness needs improving first,and my bike time is limited for the winter.It looked tough on the back straight,and it wasnt that windy until you were at the track.I was there about the same time you were racing.When is the next one?I heard there are mid week races also?Will have to go for a few laps one night after work and see how i fare.

DanielS

Postby DanielS » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 am

The next crit at Vic park probably won't be until 'summer' season, which starts in October!

Over the winter season (April - Sept) the vast majority of races are road races around the hills. Summer season (Oct - Mar) is criteriums and track season, and yes, there is plenty of mid week racing.

If you want to get more info on racing and see the race calendar check out http://sa.cycling.org.au

If you're thinking of giving racing a go the best way is to just do it! (don't worry too much about fitness at first, if you can keep up on a reasonably paced group ride then you should be fine).

bongo

Postby bongo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks for the link will check it out

alex

Postby alex » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 am

it hurt a lot...
if i get killed while out on my bike i dont want a 'memorial ride' by random punters i have never met.

mszczerba

Postby mszczerba » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:19 am

Hi all,

The Victoria Park criterium course is great and it is good for training there too.

Maria Szczerba
4/8/09