whenin_rome

spc fruity jellies

Postby whenin_rome » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 pm

A mate got me onto these ....
and i dont think ill ever buy energy gels again

they have heaps of sugar and plenty of sodium also
For me they work well not sure though if you were racing at elite level though
they're a dollar each from the supermarket
and whats best they have a screw top lid so you can seal them off after and not get gel goop in your jersey

i dont work for spc either 8)
Do as the Romans do!

clackers

Re: spc fruity jellies

Postby clackers » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Nice.

Just remember that there's such a thing as too much sugar. Gels usually also contain maltodextrin, a tasteless higher GI compound.

dude18

Postby dude18 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:45 am

l buy the baby food ones. l like Rafferty's garden. Pure fruit, e.g. banana & apple puree. 60~70 Kcals per pack

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

dude18 wrote:l buy the baby food ones. l like Rafferty's garden. Pure fruit, e.g. banana & apple puree. 60~70 Kcals per pack
I buy these too. But unfortunately, I dont get to eat them :(
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

marty_one

Postby marty_one » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:29 pm

im_no_pro wrote:
dude18 wrote:l buy the baby food ones. l like Rafferty's garden. Pure fruit, e.g. banana & apple puree. 60~70 Kcals per pack
I buy these too. But unfortunately, I dont get to eat them :(
I buy these as well, the last time I bought I got a box but now my daughter isnt interested in them so I think I will use them myself. BTW their custards are pretty good.
Avantia Giro 3.0 2012
Just Riding - Used to be called "My Journey to Triathlon"

WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm very pleased to have read this thread. Absolutely, and somewhat relieved.

I thought that I was regressing, into a second childhood. I buy them too. But, have you tried the Raffertys Garden, Grandmas Traditional Chocolate Custard. It tastes funnyish, and you must burn it off, quickly. Otherwise with this stuff available, there will many fat babies hanging around in Woollies ... with their bike parked outside.

Aldi sells a similar product, with a similar screwtop. Apple and cinnamon looks like it might work ... but don't buy the beef and macaroni. My cat would'nt eat it. If your pets don't eat it, nor should you.

I hope this helps.

Warren.
"But on steep descending...Larson TT have bad effect on the mind of a rider" - MadRider from Suji, Korea 2001.

"Paved roads ... another fine example of wasteful government spending." - a bumper sticker.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 am

WarrenH wrote: But, have you tried the Raffertys Garden, Grandmas Traditional Chocolate Custard.
Maybe :twisted: :D

The aldi ones are fine as well. For little kids and big kids. Cant say ive tried the macaroni one though. And if I refused what my cat refused, I wouldnt eat. Fussy little so and so he is....
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.