Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

marvin le rouge

Lynskey shenanigans (snafu)

Postby marvin le rouge » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Recent Lynskey "sale" from the U.S.

Website advertises 'free shipping worldwide'.

Got to the point of pressing the button and its add $486 for postage. Yeah right. The fine print says it is only the 'base shipping cost' which must be about $10.

Marketing 101 - suck em in right up to the point where they want it - then slug em with the hidden costs. A "sale" when it isn't really a "sale"

Suffice to say I bought it but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

RonK

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby RonK » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:08 pm

marvin le rouge wrote:Recent Lynskey "sale" from the U.S.

Website advertises 'free shipping worldwide'.

Got to the point of pressing the button and its add $486 for postage. Yeah right. The fine print says it is only the 'base shipping cost' which must be about $10.

Marketing 101 - suck em in right up to the point where they want it - then slug em with the hidden costs. A "sale" when it isn't really a "sale"

Suffice to say I bought it but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.
But did you check the price and shipping rates on Fatbird? They had Lynskey on sale too and I bet the shipping would have been cheaper from the UK.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

marvin le rouge

Postby marvin le rouge » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:33 pm

No, wasn't aware of that. But so did c r c - around the same price all up, maybe a fraction cheaper posted - but the interactive wasn't as good so I wasn't confident of the sizing or finish.

Lynskey did sharpen up a bit when I complained, errr 'inquired', but it still ended up being +$220 on the price I thought I was going to pay.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Evans Cycles - Ordered about $160 worth of bits, jersey and parts

17/3 - ordered
18/3 - dispatched

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Wiggle order 2 weeks and counting, includes a wheelset which is even more of a worry. Free shipping was only tracked through the UK which tells me it left there on the 19/3. Considering I've had free tracked courier delivery from them on $100 orders this is looking like it will be my last through them. :cry:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm

danny - that tracking provided by "p2p"?

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Get in contact with them ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:48 pm

jasonc wrote:danny - that tracking provided by "p2p"?

I got given 2 tracking numbers, one with http://www.trackmytrakpak.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and the other http://www.bpost2.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Neither of them show anything beyond the UK departure time and date which is the same on both.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:58 pm

they used to use DHL who provided concise tracking. this is fud.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:12 pm

jasonc wrote:they used to use DHL who provided concise tracking. this is fud.
Yes, the DHL service was excellent. Precise and detailed tracking. For my latest order I was sent a tracking number to use with TRAKPAK. This tracking is terrible, with no detail provided. So has Wiggle changed shippers? If so, there has been a deterioration in service.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Hope not. Is this for free shipping or for paid courier tracked shipping?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:09 pm

fil_farina wrote:Hope not. Is this for free shipping or for paid courier tracked shipping?

I've never used paid courier tracking with Wiggle. Probably around half my orders came via DHL, the other half via Royal Mail. Both provided speedy delivery but DHL provided tracking.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm in a similar boat, bought a wheelset of Wiggle last week, used free shipping and was sent the TrakPak number this time last week with no tracking outside of Europe.

Looking at their website:
P2P is an approved reseller of DHL services in the UK. As such we offer access to the full range of DHL’s services and work closely in partnership with DHL to ensure the very best service delivery for your urgent, time sensitive or higher value shipments world-wide.
http://p2pmailing.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I might shoot them an email asking WTH is going on with it.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Massive delay in getting an order from PBK. $340 order despatched on 18/03/2014 - but have not received anything.

Tracking for the order seems to have been pointless, because it has stopped at "routed to final destination - AU" and gone no further. :(

How long can it take? I've heard of slow shipping, but this is crazy. :( This tracking service is TRAKPAK. Absolutely pointless. :roll: And the post service is http://www.bpost2.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - which is the same as the others who have complained above.

This is not inexpensive - I want my delivery. I've contacted them, hope I'll get a resolution and sent out by DHL or similar and not this other lot.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:41 pm

great. so now both pbk and wiggle are using them. lets hope c r c doesn't

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 pm

g-boaf wrote:Massive delay in getting an order from PBK. $340 order despatched on 18/03/2014 - but have not received anything.

Tracking for the order seems to have been pointless, because it has stopped at "routed to final destination - AU" and gone no further. :(

How long can it take? I've heard of slow shipping, but this is crazy. :( This tracking service is TRAKPAK. Absolutely pointless. :roll: And the post service is http://www.bpost2.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - which is the same as the others who have complained above.

This is not inexpensive - I want my delivery. I've contacted them, hope I'll get a resolution and sent out by DHL or similar and not this other lot.
To be honest, PBK does not provide especially fast delivery, so 10 days would be fast for them. Two weeks is more likely.

Bakks

Postby Bakks » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeh forget it, PBK can take WEEKS. Only use them if you really aren't in a rush.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 pm

biker jk wrote: To be honest, PBK does not provide especially fast delivery, so 10 days would be fast for them. Two weeks is more likely.
Bugger if it's from PBK, the common denominator seems to be TrakPak who don't update their tracking after leaving Europe. What's the point of sending something via courier if the courier doesn't even keep up with where the package is!

I didn't hear anything from Wiggle or TrakPak overnight from my email so looks like I'll get a standard reply from wiggle saying to wait until X days.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Update. a mate has done some digging

When you get the email from TRACKPAK, look for the "Local barcode"
You can use the local barcode on the auspost tracking site.

looks like slow delivery for all. joy

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:25 pm

jasonc wrote:Update. a mate has done some digging

When you get the email from TRACKPAK, look for the "Local barcode"
You can use the local barcode on the auspost tracking site.

looks like slow delivery for all. joy
Mine has no Local barcode. Absolutely useless to pay extra for tracking and get nothing of use. That's a scam.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:35 pm

g-boaf wrote: Mine has no Local barcode. Absolutely useless to pay extra for tracking and get nothing of use. That's a scam.
Try this url - http://www.trackitonline.ru/?service=track" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your shipment number will be the tracking number provided on the p2p website (ie you click on the MetraTrack link sent from Wiggle, visit tracking site). Change destination country to Australia, then hit the big question mark. It should search for this and produce the Auspost tracking number.

ACT SC600

Postby ACT SC600 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:39 pm

PBK order placed on the 16/3
Arrived today :) only complaint is I ordered some purple bar tape and red was sent... (Looks like the bosses bar tape is going to be red)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Wow, ordered from Cell Bikes late last night and was delivered today, less than 24 hours. Everything there - sent in an express pack with sensitive items individually bubble-wrapped. Hard to beat that.

Being in Sydney is an advantage - but the orders are dispatched quickly and this has been my experience in all orders with Cell Bikes.
Cycling is in my BNA

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Well it looks like my Wiggle package is coming via Belgium which must be the TrakPak hub. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive versus the DHL shipping that was previously used by Wiggle. On average, DHL shipping took 2-3 days from despatch to arrive in Sydney and another day or to be delivered.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:26 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Wow, ordered from Cell Bikes late last night and was delivered today, less than 24 hours. Everything there - sent in an express pack with sensitive items individually bubble-wrapped. Hard to beat that.

Being in Sydney is an advantage - but the orders are dispatched quickly and this has been my experience in all orders with Cell Bikes.
Did you receive and email with the tracking number? I never have.