Sorry Cadel but your new team mate is on drugs as well!...

toolonglegs

Sorry Cadel but your new team mate is on drugs as well!...

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 am

So Bernard Kohl who just won the KOM and came 3rd in the TOur has failed a CERA test it has been announced today...
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt_Matt

Postby Matt_Matt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 am

Maybe we should play name a clean cyclist instead.

We could have it done before lunchtime!

Matt

chris641

Postby chris641 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:38 am

Good lord... this is ridiculous. That gives Menchov a place on the podium doesn't it??
Fastest Century: 100km in 2:52 at 35 km/h
2008 Merida Scultura Evo Team

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:39 am

Well looks like we should get a good idea of who was doping at the Tour anyone on this CERA is getting caught. Still no word on the CSC boys or the Columbia lads either. Will be an intresting week. The two biggest suprises from the Tour have been caught, feel sorry for the team manager Gerolstiner was always considered a fairly clean team, not any more his probably just glad he didnt get a new sponsor because they surely would have quit by now.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 am

Does CSC and Columbia have their own in-house testing program? If so, does that mean they are exempt from these in-competition tests conducted by the race organizer?
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:20 am

NO, they both have in house testing that is done aswell as the offical testing. Damsgaard does CSC (his a respected anti doping doctor) and Columbia has one cant remmber by who. Generally most people think this is a good thing but there is a conflict of intrest. If the doctor proves a rider is positive then theres a good chance the team might fold, hence losing his income. On the whole extra testing is good P.R. but it doesnt prove riders are clean. Astana use Damsgaard aswell and used his results to sack a little known rider from the team. [/u]
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, in-house testing would be internal quality control, one that actually protects the assets of the team/business.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 am

A cynical view is that it makes sure the athletes dont bring hemocrit levels up to high and arent exposing themselves to possible positive tests. The problem is that all the doctors in these programs are respected anti doping campaigners and i think you would have to be paying them extremely large sums of money. I personally think its just a P.R. thing so they can say there tough on doping and have something to piont to.

PS Kohl has been confirmed, Kohl rang Hans-Michael Holczer the team mananger add admitted he has tested positive. Hate the little prat, but atleast he had the guts to ring his old boss and admit it, wonder if he rang his new one?

chris641

Postby chris641 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:13 am

It is so very disappointing. I was just looking at the climbers standings... Carlos Sastre and Frank Schleck were tied in second place.

If Carlos, Cadel, or Christian Vande Velde are on drugs.. I will die.
Fastest Century: 100km in 2:52 at 35 km/h
2008 Merida Scultura Evo Team

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:52 pm

vaughters says team chipotle publishes their riders values, comparisons can be made over the season ans discrepancies are obvious.

Other directuers sportif though have made negative remarks about team testing, even saying it is the START of doping.
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:03 pm

The whole publishing of results is a curly one, because will always have people that are out to prove you are doping and will construe the data to prove there point. Lance is going to have to deal with this all next year. Im still intrested in how you take a doctor who is a respected anti doping doctor ( as opposed to say your Ferraris and Fuentes's) and have him either help conseal doping or as those DS's have said start doping programs. I dont think teams organise dopers anymore to damaging if caught. They may turn a blind eye or give you contacts to the right doctors, but as far as actual team organised, sanctioned doping i very much doubt and team does this.