RD Protection Mode

bopgorn

RD Protection Mode

Postby bopgorn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:09 am

Hello,

after a crash my RD-6770 is out of order. If i disconnect and reconnect the RD the green light of the EW67A is blinking constantly (do not know the meaning of this). It is possible to enter the reset mode by pressing the button of the EW67A for 5 seconds. The red light begins to flash but nothing else happens. The RD is recognised by etube but it is not possible to change settings of the RD.
Any suggestions on this?

Regards

Marcel

RhapsodyX

Re: RD Protection Mode

Postby RhapsodyX » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:31 am

https://roadbikeaction.com/how-to-di2-crash-mode/

And re. the continuous flashing light... not a clue, it doesn't appear in any of the documentation. You probably need to find someone with the diagnostics box (SM-PCE1/PCE2) rather than the general charger/eTube setup.

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:56 am

Are you turning the pedals after doing the reset? (pushing the junction box button in for 5 seconds)

bopgorn

Postby bopgorn » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 am

I removed the RD from the bike, the cage is able to move free.

RhapsodyX

Postby RhapsodyX » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:41 pm

bopgorn wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:15 am
I removed the RD from the bike, the cage is able to move free.
If you've looked at how the stepper motor drives the mech, via a cam, that doesn't really mean anything. Take it to a shop, get them to run diagnostics via the SM-PCE. If you landed on the derailleur, it's probably dislodged the motor and you need a complete new derailleur.

Edit: Or buy a new bike. This sounds like a perfect time for N+1. Unless you are in hospital - staff look at you strangely if you wander past with a bike in hospital (yes, I really have done that).