greenspeed GT20RS any experience or review

Nazar

greenspeed GT20RS any experience or review

Postby Nazar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 pm

the greenspeed GT20 is a massive success with the big apple tyres.
has anyone had experience with the GT20RS (rear suspension) or could give some ideas?

youtube and google (that i can find) has no reviews except one from a seller "like riding on a cloud" but i wouldn't trust that review as he is selling them.

zebee

Re: greenspeed GT20RS any experience or review

Postby zebee » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Nazar wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 pm
the greenspeed GT20 is a massive success with the big apple tyres.
Not alas answering your question but....can you point me to where you got the info about GT20 and Big Apple? I asked around and no one could say if they fitted or not. Or how much comfort vs speed you got

Zebee

skyblot

Postby skyblot » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:39 pm

GT20 comes standard with Greenspeed Scorcher tyres - 1 1/2" wide. Mine measure 38mm. Run at sensible pressures they are both fast and comfortable, around 50psi for about an 80kg rider I find is good.

Magnum's come with Big Apple tyres. And yes they are a good combination.

skyblot

Postby skyblot » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 pm

I've not seen or ridden a GT20-RS. A contact of mine reported on it favourably, but has since sold it out of his stable.
The one complication I see is that it is far harder to fit a rear rack. I'm unsure if GS have a dedicated rack for the -RS, I suspect not.

Unless I were heading onto seriously rough roads I would pass on suspension and instead choose my tyres wisely.

Nazar

Postby Nazar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:16 pm

thanks everyone, especially @skyblot (helps a lot)

the GT20 comes with - just checked and your right, it "doesn't" come with big apple :) sorry, the guy i went to buy it off (has a shop in WA called Just Bends) told me the GT20 has big apple tires (so i assume now that he puts them on) and it rides very well, - i test rode one with big apple. don't know if he had special rims? i would give him a call if interested.

zebee

Postby zebee » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 am

My GT20 came with scorchers and they were a puncture magnet! 4 in 3 weeks.

I replaced them with Marathon Plus which was maybe a bit of an overreaction but they were puncture free if a hell of a rough ride. Right now it has Conti Contact Speed which are narrow (28mm) but comfortable and faster than the Marathons. They tend to follow the waves in the road in a way I haven't felt with other tyres and I'm wondering if big apples would do the same and how fast they might be.

HP Velotechnik Grasshopper has a rack with rear suspension so it is possible but... Without Ian I wonder who in Greenspeed (Well Terra Trike now) will do the engineering? Someone must still be answering email?