AZUR PERFORMANCE ZAPP 1000 Lumens Light

foo on patrol

AZUR PERFORMANCE ZAPP 1000 Lumens Light

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:17 am

Got this from Pushy's in my latest order for $29 :D and tried it out this morning. It has a good 2mtr centre area of defined light but the outer area that is about another 2mtrs around that, is really wasted light and to be honest, my cheap lights from China with the twin lens have a far better light spread. :shock:

It has 5 mode settings = high, medium, low fast flash and a slow intermittent flash = one flash then another one and a pause then two more at a fast interval. Battery life is up to 12hrs, depending on what mode

For the price that I got it for, it is good value but I wouldn't pay the RRP price of over $90 for it, that's for sure.

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Re: AZUR PERFORMANCE ZAPP 1000 Lumens Light

Postby warthog1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:06 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:17 am
Got this from Pushy's in my latest order for $29 :D and tried it out this morning. It has a good 2mtr centre area of defined light but the outer area that is about another 2mtrs around that, is really wasted light and to be honest, my cheap lights from China with the twin lens have a far better light spread. :shock:

It has 5 mode settings = high, medium, low fast flash and a slow intermittent flash = one flash then another one and a pause then two more at a fast interval. Battery life is up to 12hrs, depending on what mode

For the price that I got it for, it is good value but I wouldn't pay the RRP price of over $90 for it, that's for sure.

Foo
What are your "cheap lights from China with the twin lens"?
If they are better we can buy them instead :)
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:49 am

warthog1 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:06 am
foo on patrol wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:17 am

Foo
What are your "cheap lights from China with the twin lens"?
If they are better we can buy them instead :)

I'll have to have a look. :oops:

Okay, Hotbright, just like these or even the Aldi equivalent are better value. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:16 pm

Cheers mate :)
Dogs are the best people :wink:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:05 am

Wonder if this would be an effective light to use at night?

https://www.serfas.com/shop/products/li ... -lumens-2/

Probably a law against it. :lol:

The best light I've used so far is this:
https://www.serfas.com/shop/products/li ... lume-1600/

I have a more powerful one (Moon brand) but it was never able to be attached securely to the bars on any of my bikes so I gave up on it. Regardless of what I tried it would always manage to move and tilt downwards. It was quite a heavy unit as well.

The Serfas light fits very securely:

Even better I was able to rig up the same attachment to the Cervelo so it can be quickly swapped between both bikes. The original install was the work of the brilliant local bike shop mechanic, I merely copied his excellent work. The light did come off once on Wigram Street in Harris Park because I didn't properly click it in place - fortunately no major damage to it and no cars behind me so I could quickly stop and get it.

Before that, the old Ay-Up lights were my go to lights.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:41 am

Here are pics of the three normal beams. These actually look better than they are. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

caneye

Postby caneye » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:37 pm

that's certainly value for money.
i bought mine from the old CellBikes a few years back. i posted here that the rubber strap snapped not long after that. It stay unused in a box for a couple of years until i bought a bike computer mount very similar to G-boaf's above. however, instead of a garmin-style clamp for the light, it simply uses a rubber o-ring style elastic to hold the light.