Suntour Forks

celeste boy

Suntour Forks

Postby celeste boy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 pm

Nearly every e mtb I look at on the web has Suntour forks. I gather these are the basic brand with Rockshocks and Fox up higher?
What amazes (and annoys this buyer) is that I settle ln a bike with s reasonable motor, battery and brand name and its got the cheapest forks on the market.
An example is the hardtail Bianchi e mtb which has s price of ,$8.5k and it has Suntour forks!
I am finding it impossible to find an e mtb hardtail with a Fox fork. I cant understand why?

find_bruce

Re: Suntour Forks

Postby find_bruce » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:32 pm

Bike exchange lists the Bianchi E-Omnia T Type XT 12 speed as coming with a suntour fork, but the Bianchi E-Omnia X Type SRAM Eagle 1x12 as coming with a Rock Shox Recon Silver RL solo air, 120mm

Makes sense given RockShox is owned by SRAM.

Fox make an e-bike specific fork & list a bunch of manufacturers so I'm not sure why it's hard to find a hard tail bike with it fitted - Scott for example use Fox forks on at least some of their dual squish bikes, but suntour on their hard tails
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Mububban

Re: Suntour Forks

Postby Mububban » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:56 pm

Coil forks on an $8.5k bike of any sort is ridiculous.

I've got Suntour air suspension on my dual sus, works fine for an occasional trail rider like myself. But coil stuff is super cheap and heavy, especially for any conventional hardtail priced above $1000.
If I was paying over $5k I'd want air forks but doesn't seem the market does this.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!