Triathlon shorts for Plus Size ladies

SACanuck

Triathlon shorts for Plus Size ladies

Postby SACanuck » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:09 am

Hiya,

I'm not new to triathlons, but new since having my kids. My old tri shorts don't fit, but I also bought them when I was living in Canada. I'm just wondering if there are some decent triathlon shorts that someone can recommend for staying up, not being too bulky during the swim and run, but comfy enough on the tush during the bike? Training on my bike now I've got my bike shorts, but would feel better if they had a drawstring for the swim and run. The swimsuit means the sad mum belly will be held in find, but also means it's a bit slippery for some shorts just to 'stay up'. Looking forward to using this season as a trial and error season. Thanks in advance!

MattyK

Re: Triathlon shorts for Plus Size ladies

Postby MattyK » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:41 pm

Must say I haven't scrolled down to this forum for a while so you may have found something.

One piece suits tend to be the go now, which will ensure they stay up.

Have some custom printed 2XU suits through my work's team, and I've had another 2XU as well that was tight but good. Both were fine to run and swim in, with enough padding for a sprint ride.

But I honestly can't tell you whether it's comfortable for a lady. Saddle selection is also a big point.

Anyway, best of luck!

trailgumby

Re: Triathlon shorts for Plus Size ladies

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:36 am

SACanuck wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:09 am
The swimsuit means the sad mum belly will be held in find, but also means it's a bit slippery for some shorts just to 'stay up'. Looking forward to using this season as a trial and error season. Thanks in advance!

Lycra is slippery. I had a similar issue with unpadded winter tights staying up over my regular kit. I solved it by wearing suspenders, since any retention around the waist was still going to get pulled down.

Since that set of tights died, I have replaced them with bib tights (i.e. with shoulder straps), which work brilliantly. Are bibshorts an option? They will be much easier to find than padded shorts with a drawstring.