Rozelle interchange bike paths feeback requested

zebee

Rozelle interchange bike paths feeback requested

Postby zebee » Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm

looks like a few bicycles spraypainted on the road and a bunch of annoying speed bumps. Those who cycle there may know more.

Message from Transport for NSW: Community consultation for local shared user paths
Transport for NSW is providing cyclists and pedestrians with an alternative to Victoria Road by improving the connectivity, safety and usability of existing active transport links around the Rozelle Interchange Project.

This includes improved connection from Iron Cove Link in the north to the new Rozelle Parklands in the south, where it will connect to major east-west regional bike paths.

A number of improvements have been proposed for the network to make it easier and safer for people to ride their bike and travel through the area.

A map detailing the proposed intersection upgrades has been provided below which details the proposed new signage, line markings and traffic calming measures including road cushions and raised thresholds (large flat concrete road humps).

Community feedback on these plans will inform the final design.

Please complete a short online survey to provide your feedback on this proposal. The survey will be open until Friday 2 June. https://yoursay.transport.nsw.gov.au/ro ... nterchange

find_bruce

Re: Rozelle interchange bike paths feeback requested

Postby find_bruce » Wed May 24, 2023 7:51 pm

What an abomination!

When I first started commuting through Rozelle I used to use each of these streets - I quickly abandoned them due to the rat runners who were so enraged about trying to beat the traffic on Victoria Rd they would pass dangerously at every opportunity. Belmore St is particularly dangerous as its uphill with no room to pass safely with predictable results.

Like you I don't see how paint and speed humps improve safety, even if you euphemistically refer to them as "traffic calming devices". Claims to improve connectivity are ironic when they don't show any connections.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

familyguy

Re: Rozelle interchange bike paths feeback requested

Postby familyguy » Thu May 25, 2023 10:57 am

Not much of a feedback page. Five questions, two are basically irrelevant, and one asks if you're from the area (probably so they can dismiss them easier). Added some comments for what they're worth.