The 2024 Iditarod Trail Ride

foo on patrol

The 2024 Iditarod Trail Ride

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:08 am

Well Troy is over there and the start is getting closer. He is doing it this year, totally unsupported, yep, unsupported. :shock: Here is his Blog and you can follow him live with the Dot Tracker thingy when it's activated. :idea:

https://troyszczurkowski.blogspot.com/2 ... 3655415657

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

elantra

Re: The 2024 Iditarod Trail Ride

Postby elantra » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:48 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:08 am
Well Troy is over there and the start is getting closer. He is doing it this year, totally unsupported, yep, unsupported. :shock: Here is his Blog and you can follow him live with the Dot Tracker thingy when it's activated. :idea:

https://troyszczurkowski.blogspot.com/2 ... 3655415657

Foo
Hard to imagine any adventurous expedition more challenges than that.
Along the same lines as some of Australia’s famous explorers, such as Burke and Wills or Ludwig Leichhardt.
Hopefully, unlike them he will return from his expeditions.

Also sort of reminiscent of some from the famous arctic and Antarctic expedition era.
Can’t think of many names but Shackleton rings a bell.

foo on patrol

Re: The 2024 Iditarod Trail Ride

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:10 am

Yep, you need a special kind of mental approach to even contemplate doing this kind of thing. I couldn't do it but he has plenty of experience to draw from in his previous races and was let down by drops of food not being made one year. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km