Jetblack Whisperdrive

stevenaaus

Jetblack Whisperdrive

Postby stevenaaus » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:19 pm

I know this is old news, but I thought I'd take a stab and see if anyone has the QR end caps for a Whisperdrive trainer floating around.

The part number is jbt-78. They look quite like some normal wheel end caps, but I've been through my spares, and the diameters/threads are different.

I picked up one of these trainers, but it only has the thru axle caps (jbt-79). At the time, I kindof thought the widely available qr skewer kits might help me out, but they are only for old, friction trainers really. I *do* have it going - at an offset! - so only have 5 gears or so, and it's not very sturdy..

Thought I'd post this, as lots of outlets are selling these vaguely identified skewer kits for $30, and they're most definitely NOT what you want.

Gotta say, while it's a big, sturdy piece of kit, the electronic and software side of it is rubbish, and reading around the web , the story seems the same for all jetblack trainers. Bugs that never get fixed. Apps never worked, and sensors don't operate properly with 3rd party bike computers.

My 2cents.... :)

Maybe I should have bought a Kickr, but honestly there are enough computers in my life, and just wanted a quiet direct drive trainer... Working properly ;)

stevenaaus

Re: Jetblack Whisperdrive

Postby stevenaaus » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:11 pm

Contacted JetBlack and they have the part in stock.. just not advertised. Decent service.

And... Welcome to trainer land :) Nice cold breeze on my back patio thank goodness. Still stripped off my shirt to mop up the sweat.