Rozelle Interchange/Iron Cove Link cycle plan - feedback closes 6 Sept

find_bruce

Re: Rozelle Interchange/Iron Cove Link cycle plan - feedback closes 6 Sept

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:51 pm

familyguy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:35 am
Just how much of this is now closed after asbestos was discovered in mulch in the playground is unclear. Surely not the 'entire Rozelle parklands' as the headline suggests. But since when are headlines accurate any more. Paywalled, can't get to it here, so can't read it and can't locate alternative information just now.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/roz ... 5ew8w.html
Good excuse to add to my ride - closed between Denison Street & Cecily Lane, but lane still exists on Lilyfield Rd
Anything you can do, I can do slower

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:14 am

[Update]: Rode that way again on 29 January - entire path is closed between Anzac Bridge & Ryan Street, including both bridges across city west link

Transport for NSW says it is adopting
a staged approach allowing the first sections of the park to open gradually towards the end of March.
Hopefully that's March 2024

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 pm

Given the EPA has a issued a 29 Feb deadline, they'll have to meet that for starters. With 'up to 30 workers' that could be tight. I haven't even had a chance to go through it yet.

So is it back to the old cross over at Victoria/Robert St for a westbound diversion??

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 pm

familyguy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 pm
Given the EPA has a issued a 29 Feb deadline, they'll have to meet that for starters. With 'up to 30 workers' that could be tight. I haven't even had a chance to go through it yet.

So is it back to the old cross over at Victoria/Robert St for a westbound diversion??
February deadline is for the removal of mulch - it appears they are not planning to re-open until the fresh mulch has been laid.

If you want to use Lilyfield Rd, you would need to use the steep Gordon St from Victoria Rd

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:20 pm

They're on the job.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:38 pm

familyguy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:20 pm
They're on the job.
I wouldn't want to be wearing a hazmat suit in 30°

Timmeh

Postby Timmeh » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:55 pm

6 weeks ago I put a detailed complaint into Transport for NSW regarding a bunch of active transport issues relating to the Rozelle Interchange - still waiting for a respone, despite chasing them up several times.

In the meantime, the parliamentary inquiry has been annouced. For those that are still pissed at the lack of consideration given to cyclists, you can lodge your submission here: https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/commi ... px?pk=3029 There's a quick survey option to submit up to 250 words, or you can write a submission. They want to hear about what can be done, so perhaps consider the need for a proper Victoria Rd cycleway, and the reopening of the Glebe Island bridge.

Also, there is a community meeting with Howards Collins (TFNSW Director General) on Monday 18th 5:30pm, at the Oxford Hotel in Drummoyne.

It's easy to be cynical about whether these two consultations will achieve any postive outcome, but we need our voices to be heard, otherwise TFNSW will think there are no issues to be addressed. And given the community sentiment, we might finally get some traction.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:11 pm

I got overly excited today as I saw they'd removed the barriers from the Anzac Bridge ramp - went that way on the way home but no the only bit that's open is the loop under Victoria Rd.

I will concede that's better than nothing, but only just,

Timmeh

Postby Timmeh » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm

The Rozelle Interchange Weekly Update email has just been published:
"While work on mulch removal and replacement continues.... Bicycle and e-scooter riders should follow the NSW speed limit of 10km/h for shared paths...On shared paths, for everyone's safety: people riding bicycles, e-scooters or skateboards and rollerblades are to keep to the NSW speed limit of 10km/h" :shock:

So I called them. "Oh sorry, yes we could have been clearer that this is only an advisory limit. But no, we won't issue a correction." Nothing like the Transport department publishing incorrect infomation to encourage some conflict :evil:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:15 pm

Timmeh wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm
The Rozelle Interchange Weekly Update email has just been published:
"While work on mulch removal and replacement continues.... Bicycle and e-scooter riders should follow the NSW speed limit of 10km/h for shared paths...On shared paths, for everyone's safety: people riding bicycles, e-scooters or skateboards and rollerblades are to keep to the NSW speed limit of 10km/h" :shock:

So I called them. "Oh sorry, yes we could have been clearer that this is only an advisory limit. But no, we won't issue a correction." Nothing like the Transport department publishing incorrect infomation to encourage some conflict :evil:
So, while you do 10km/h on the bicycle, I'll run past you at higher speed happily. :roll: Just keep pushing them and make a stink about it, get others to email in and complain, if they have an official complaints channel, use that because those get logged with an incident number usually and get reported on.

LateStarter

Postby LateStarter » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

Don't get too excited,

"We are pleased to announce the next ..[very limited] ..stage of the re-opening of the Parklands and shared pedestrian and cycling paths." (from 5pm Thursday 28 March 2024)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... bqcQXeDJhy

I reckon about 95% still closed, does not seem to include the Whites Creek overpass or the bike(shared)path west of Denison St

Maybe fully reopen by christmas?
Bill (Long Distance Dreamer)
2008 Cannondale Touring 2, 2013 Vivente World Randonneur, 2015 Lynskey Sportive Disc

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

LateStarter wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am
Don't get too excited,

"We are pleased to announce the next ..[very limited] ..stage of the re-opening of the Parklands and shared pedestrian and cycling paths." (from 5pm Thursday 28 March 2024)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... bqcQXeDJhy

I reckon about 95% still closed, does not seem to include the Whites Creek overpass or the bike(shared)path west of Denison St

Maybe fully reopen by christmas?
Rode through at 5:15 pm Thursday 28 March 2024 & nope, still not open

Went there for giggles on Friday morning - Whites Creek overpass definitely shut, with fencing still up & no sign of opening

You can join the bike path east of Denison st & follow through to Anzac Bridge, Green Link Bridge also open past the Rozelle Bay metro station