How was your commute ... today, yesterday, last week ...

bychosis

Re: How was your commute ... today, yesterday, last week ...

Postby bychosis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

Been off the bike for a couple of weeks. Back to it yesterday. Unremarkable commute to work, but it seems the weekend rains have settled the trails homeward into winter wet mode. Was quite muddy and I suspect it'll be muddy for a while now it's cooler. May have to reconsider MTB commuting.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm

To paraphrase, it's light on and away we go. First commute since daylight saving ended, made sure all the blinkies are charged up to go home. Still debating whether flat bars are all they're cracked up to be (for me) and wondering if I put chuck graveleur drop bars on the flat commuter.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 pm

Last day of school holidays, so a free-for-all for the unregistered trail bike riders before school resumes tomorrow. For some reason they decided to follow me, or maybe that was a coincidence? Once I realised they were behind me I was on full alert and ready to dish out some hurt if they attempted to knock me off my bike :twisted:

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri May 10, 2024 7:54 pm

Today's commutes had me wondering if Tesla aimers are the new Volvo drivers? This mornings effort was stopped blocking the bike lane who pulled out without indicating & then proceeded to undertake me by driving in the bike lane

Tonight's special person set off my spidey senses as they approached a stop sign - absolutely no sign of slowing down, so I hit the airzound as well as easing up so they wouldn't collect me as they drove through the stop sign at 50ks
Anything you can do, I can do slower

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri May 17, 2024 12:53 pm

My current favourite jersey is

My nephew is a strong rider but this week took an hour to ride his 13.3km commute

Challenged accepted! Today I took 54:40 to cover the 11.34km commute, giving a very average speed of 12.4 km/h. It was surprisingly hard to ride that slow.

As one of my mates put it, the only way to do that commute slower would be to drive :D
Anything you can do, I can do slower

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri May 17, 2024 12:58 pm

My 11km morning commute with an annoying diversion takes about 30 minutes, it's fairly flat. I'm not smashing myself to do that.

The afternoon longer commute if I do it takes about 1h 45 minutes but it is significantly more hilly and also has a lot of stops and starts. If it didn't have so many traffic light crossings it would probably be 90 minutes.