Older Giros and parts...

custard

Older Giros and parts...

Postby custard » Fri May 24, 2024 9:34 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place, but since the bike in question is a proper bike :) , I'll start here.

The BB on my giro died the other day, and so I've taken it into the Local bike shop to see what can be done. There's a bit of those parts not so easy to find now going on, and also some eyeing off the now quite worn middle gear on my 52-42-30 FSA crank.

I'm kinda partial to the 3x as I need the little one on a few of the hills, and am now getting back to a point where I can put the big 52t crank.

Its sounding like, there's a difficulty finding a replacement to just replace the worn chainring,
and if we look at replacing the crankset then I'm looking at some quite a bit smaller teeth combinations.

So I guess I'm wondering, has anyone else hit this, and what did you do?

zebee

Re: Older Giros and parts...

Postby zebee » Fri May 24, 2024 4:14 pm

It isn't 'bent specific so I suggest you ask in the main thread for possible replacements.

You want mountain bike kit not road bike kit. Mostly 110 BCD I think. Search ebay for rings to match your BCD.

I had a Mountain Drive in my Giro 20 for a while but I am a masher and didn't like the mushy feeling it had.

OldBloke

Re: Older Giros and parts...

Postby OldBloke » Fri May 24, 2024 9:37 pm

This video mentions some alternative cranks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpssbqAzyxc
Maybe one of them will meet your needs.