To adjust or not to adjust ?

velocopedant

To adjust or not to adjust ?

Postby velocopedant » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm an oldish novice who recently completed his first 20km TT. Apart from a minor worry that my lungs might explode, I really enjoyed myself. What I'm wondering now is should I look at getting some specific TT equipment aimed at improving performance (e.g. aero bars) or go with the same setup and see if I can achieve any improvement that would just be down to riding better? I'm only riding an average entry level road bike (2009 Avanti Giro) and I'm sure that better equipment would result in some improvements but does it really matter when I'm not playing for sheep stations to start with?

Colin_T

Re: To adjust or not to adjust ?

Postby Colin_T » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 pm

I would stay with what you have for a while and just work on doing more distance and gradually increasing your overall speed. Then once you become more competitive and are up in the A grade class, you can buy some aero bars and a super flash aerodynamic helmet and stuff like that.
Kicked a black cat? Sounds more like ran over one, backed over it, hunted down its mother and did the same.

BarryTas

Re: To adjust or not to adjust ?

Postby BarryTas » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:22 pm

2009 Avanti Giro, that is the bike i ride.

just need a TT set up, high seat put forward + TT bars + lower the handle bars = TT 2009 Avanti Giro bike

oh and lots and lots of training with rest periods.
when do we stop for coffee???