Singapore - totally relaxing riding

ColinOldnCranky

Singapore - totally relaxing riding

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:24 pm

On a unicycle any bumps, cobblestones etc makes for short bursts of anxiety - fine if that is what I am after but for relaxing and just enjoying what's around it is a bummer.

Well, after a week in Singapore, with mostly recreational around the pedestrian and tourist precinct Marina Bay, I can say that outside of the Italian hill town Assisi not found a more relaxing set of routes. Surprisingly there are few cyclists around. And no watering points.

The pity though is that they have had the worst cover of smoke the city has seen in years.

With the perfect paved paths I'm looking forward to at least one evening ride before I leave.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

piledhigher

Re: Singapore - totally relaxing riding

Postby piledhigher » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:30 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:On a unicycle any bumps, cobblestones etc makes for short bursts of anxiety - fine if that is what I am after but for relaxing and just enjoying what's around it is a bummer.

Well, after a week in Singapore, with mostly recreational around the pedestrian and tourist precinct Marina Bay, I can say that outside of the Italian hill town Assisi not found a more relaxing set of routes. Surprisingly there are few cyclists around. And no watering points.

The pity though is that they have had the worst cover of smoke the city has seen in years.

With the perfect paved paths I'm looking forward to at least one evening ride before I leave.
I did some running in Singapore on the path connector network (PCN) earlier in the year, essentially bike paths in the Australian lexicon.

It would be some sweaty commuting though!