Training with Power Meter and Analysis

g-boaf

Re: Training with Power Meter and Analysis

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 pm

petepetepete wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:40 am
Thanks guys.
What i am taking away from the different fueling posts is that i will try and experiment with the gels and sports drinks by maybe leaving them out and see if my body behaves any different afterwards. Having said that, I generally ride without a sports drink/gel/bar on the short rides and still get quite swollen afterwards. Maybe i wasnt clear on that to begin with.
I would be checking with a doctor on that.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:09 pm

petepetepete wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:56 pm
C2) Does anyone have advice on how to healthy and sustainably shed weight?

GCN had this segment recently on what the pro cyclists eat:

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:04 pm

This is a really interesting thread. Thanks DD, Alex and others :)

Peteptepete hasnt responded again so dont know how he is doing with the suggestions made.

I'm interested in measuring improvement in performance. While I'm 61 and in the 15th percentile on Strava segments there's no reason why I cant aim to be in the 20th percentile lol.

I dont have a power meter, I'm measuring improvement by faster times on segments on Strava.

I wear a heart rate monitor, as suggested by my GP a few years ago. I did a test to determine my max HR at that time (by a cycling coach/physio) - it was 175bpm.
Now, some 5 years later and after 2 years off the bike I've plugged 160 into Strava for now but I'm riding at 50%+ in the Anaerobic zone lol. About as useful as a.....
FWIW I might put it back at 175.

I like data and measuring stuff so I'm not averse to getting a power meter for that purpose, but in the end it needs to be meaningful otherwise it's just another set of numbers.

Goal: Improvement on the bike measured by faster times on Strava segments
Tools: I like data and measuring.
Demonstrated outcome: There is nothing in this for me other than the pleasure of improved personal performance demonstrated not only by faster times, but by increases in physical performance (watts, HR??? Avge cadence)
Method: this is where I fall down. I have no specific training approach or program, I just go ride. For now the improvement comes because I'm riding.
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:33 pm

Just make sure you are stay safe and enjoying it flashpixx and you'll be on a winner.