Riders dumped in 2020 !

MichaelB

Riders dumped in 2020 !

Postby MichaelB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Amongst others, Adam Hansen’s contract isn’t being renewed by Lotto Soudal. Disappointed, but at 39, prob time to enjoy life a bit more. Has a great record that’ll stand forever now I reckon.

9 others out the door as well.

CCC and NTT will also shed a few riders too

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Riders dumped in 2020 !

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:25 am

It is the nature of the game and by this stage, most riders have a decent level of experience that they have new options and a sizeable nest egg.

I am interested in how Porte goes with Ineos... and it if he gets a chance when they stack the team.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:53 am

AUbicycles wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:25 am
It is the nature of the game and by this stage, most riders have a decent level of experience that they have new options and a sizeable nest egg.

I am interested in how Porte goes with Ineos... and it if he gets a chance when they stack the team.
I doubt Porte will get a chance as a designated leader, maybe the 'Plan B' version, meh. I read between the lines his getting a good paycheck to do the same role as Kwaito. Meh.

And now been confirmed that CCC licence being taken up by Circus-Wanty Group - the riders left may find a home on theg new team, but dunno. Still has to pass the UCI tests.

The NTT boys will be getting nervous though - would expect a few retirements coming up due to lack of options and form ....

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:04 pm

Playing musical chairs as a kid is good training for the pro peleton.

A rider's time always comes to an end, not always at the time they would choose, whether its age, team folding, non-selection or injury.

On that note, an interesting interview with Johnny Hoogerland on cyclingtips
Anything you can do, I can do slower

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:39 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:04 pm
Playing musical chairs as a kid is good training for the pro peleton.

A rider's time always comes to an end, not always at the time they would choose, whether its age, team folding, non-selection or injury.

On that note, an interesting interview with Johnny Hoogerland on cyclingtips
I think some of the older riders would have had an inkling, but some may be more about non-performance.

The Hoogerland article was good. Still remember watching that day and the t-shirts available shortly after. Looks like he's based in a nice part of the world !