Gold Coast bike hire

BritniPepper

Gold Coast bike hire

Postby BritniPepper » Mon May 31, 2021 12:31 pm

Assuming there's no lockdown or border restrictions in place - touch wood - when I want my winter holiday on the Gold Coast, I've been looking at options. I'm not sure I want to buy a bike rack and lug my bike all the way up from Melbourne so I've been looking at rental options.

This mob promises "top quality GIANT, and other leading brand" bikes delivered and collected.

Sounds good. I was wondering if there were any independent voices to comment on their services?

Britni
Last edited by BritniPepper on Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

elantra

Re: Gold Coast bike hire

Postby elantra » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:25 pm

BritniPepper wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 12:31 pm
Assuming there's no lockdown or border restrictions in place - touch wood - when I want my winter holiday on the Gold Coast, I've been looking at options. I'm not sure I want to buy a bike rack and lug my bike all the way up from Melbourne so I've been looking at rental options.

[url=https://www.bikehiregoldcoast.com.au/This mob[/url] promises "top quality GIANT, and other leading brand" bikes delivered and collected.

Sounds good. I was wondering if there were any independent voices to comment on their services?

Britni
That does sound like a good way to hire a bike.

You could also try contact Mike’s Bikes (Miami/Burleigh area), Storm Cycles (Tugun/Currumbin area) or Coast Cyclery (Tweed Heads/ Coolangatta area)
Or if you are driving up from Victoria just throw your bike in the back of the car, then you can enjoy a ride at some nice location along the way etc

BritniPepper

Postby BritniPepper » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:43 am

elantra wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:25 pm
BritniPepper wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 12:31 pm

promises "top quality GIANT, and other leading brand" bikes delivered and collected.

Britni
That does sound like a good way to hi ... cool kids at a daily price higher than the other mob. My needs are modest; I just want something close to what I already have - a Merida Crossway 10.

I could buy a bike rack and stick it on my car and stick my bike on that and drive it up, but I'm not keen.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:58 am

Livelo cover the Gold Coast in their network .... https://www.livelo.cc/pages/surfers-par ... gold-coast

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:21 am

Hi Britni,

I have a strap-on bike rack (Allen) that I could give you, or a roof bar mounted rack (Thule) that I could sell you.

Even if you don't have your own rack a bike rack number plate is a worthwhile investment for if you ever borrow a rack. Last time I looked, it was about $40 for a plate vs a $400 fine. A self-made plate doesn't cut it legally, although a reasonable attempt may be enough to deflect an obstructed plate fine.

Cheers,

Cameron