Favero assioma duo shi

warthog1

Favero assioma duo shi

Postby warthog1 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:11 pm

About 899- for 2 pedals.
https://www.pushys.com.au/favero-assiom ... lsrc=aw.ds
This review seems to rate them and the increased q factor concern seems minimal given how much wider mtb q factors are apparently.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Re: Favero assioma duo shi

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:25 am

I've been looking at these pedals for a while now but the fact that their pedals required different cleats and the $1200 price tag had stopped me. This might just tip me over the line. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:29 pm

The Favero power pedals have always had a very good reputation, and this is a cracking option.

Not the cheapest (can have cheaper crank based options), but certainly a good one.

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:46 pm

I have the Assioma Uno for approx 2 years and rate it highly.

I had an issue where the battery died and they sorted it (from Italy) and I had the replacement in just over a week.

It suits me because I use it between my road and TT bikes. Easy to change over.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:45 pm

If you are willing to buy direct from the manufacturer they are a little cheaper https://www.favero.com/en1_-79.html small Italian company that does not collect GST, under $1k and ships via DHL.

I scored my Duos via a Black Friday Sale and are very happy.

Happy to change over from PowerTap P2 as the bearings on the Assioma's are user serviceable.

Duo Shi need to factor in cost of donor pedal bodies, currently $100 and up.

Q factor, Peak Torque (the You Tube reviewer is not a small guy, so he will probably benefit from a wider stance. If you are of a smaller stature, light build it may impact you (GP Lama is not a fan of the increase in Q factor) even though you can half it by moving out, to bring you feet closer to the crank.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 pm

nickobec wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:45 pm
If you are willing to buy direct from the manufacturer they are a little cheaper https://www.favero.com/en1_-79.html small Italian company that does not collect GST, under $1k and ships via DHL.

I scored my Duos via a Black Friday Sale and are very happy.

Happy to change over from PowerTap P2 as the bearings on the Assioma's are user serviceable.

Duo Shi need to factor in cost of donor pedal bodies, currently $100 and up.

Q factor, Peak Torque (the You Tube reviewer is not a small guy) so he would probably benefit from a wider stance. If you are of a smaller stature, light build it may impact you (GP Lama is not a fan of the increase in Q factor) even though you can half it by moving out, to bring you feet closer to the crank.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Update on these pedals, I have ordered a set of Duo's. Hopefully have them on the weekend and the price was very good. :mrgreen: A mate works at a store and I showed him the price on Bike Exchange and he was able to match it. 8)

Oh and they were cheaper than the axle set. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Excellent. I've been on the verge of ordering a pair direct from Favero - it works out ridiculously cheap. Like 'cheaper than the new 4iii crank' cheap.

Bit worried about the 'q factor' being a little guy, but to be honest I get a bit of shoe rub anyway, plus my head's pretty good (too good) at tuning out little fit issues.

Think I'll go ahead.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:11 pm

Yeah, go for it I say. I wanted the Duo because I want to see what both legs are doing and take out the guesstimate value of just one side. :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:05 pm

I hope they do speedplay and MTB SPD sooner rather than later.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 pm

trailgumby wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:05 pm
I thought Wahoo bought Speedplay...

Cheers,

Cameron

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:00 am

trailgumby wrote:
Speedplay power pedals are available from Wahoo

SPD from Favero Assioma, there is a well documented hack to get SPD power pedals from a regular pair of Favero Assioma. Replace the Look cycling body (which is made by Xpedo) with a certain Xpedo SPD pedal body. GPlama did a video on it and is still using the resulting SPD pedals.

I might be tempted to create a pair, if Facero repeat their black friday sale.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:57 am

That was a good vid about the conversion. 8) This was also the way that I was going to go but as I said, I got the full set for less than the axle assembly. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

TonyB

Postby TonyB » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 am

I put some Favero Electronics Assioma DUO-SHI Shimano Power Meter on my Track bike at the start of last season and they have been faultless, it was nice to see my power figures (or better put, lack of power figures).

I am thinking about trying them on my road bike which I currently run a QUARQ Power meter on.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:36 pm

TonyB wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 am
I put some Favero Electronics Assioma DUO-SHI Shimano Power Meter on my Track bike at the start of last season and they have been faultless, it was nice to see my power figures (or better put, lack of power figures).

I am thinking about trying them on my road bike which I currently run a QUARQ Power meter on.

This is the main reason that I got them but will also swap with the road bike for training and when I do any road racing. :)

Foo
Goal 6000km

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun May 01, 2022 2:06 pm

ironhanglider wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 pm
trailgumby wrote:
I thought Wahoo bought Speedplay...

Cheers,

Cameron
'
They did. The stack height is a fair bit higher than standard Zero pedals though.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri May 06, 2022 9:27 am

Asked about my pedals yesterday and my mate checked what was going on and they lost the order. :evil:

Hopefully I'll have them for the weekend, big not, next weekend.

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri May 06, 2022 9:36 pm

Got a message today and they are at the shop. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat May 07, 2022 4:49 am

Mr Purple wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:43 pm
Excellent. I've been on the verge of ordering a pair direct from Favero - it works out ridiculously cheap. Like 'cheaper than the new 4iii crank' cheap.

Bit worried about the 'q factor' being a little guy, but to be honest I get a bit of shoe rub anyway, plus my head's pretty good (too good) at tuning out little fit issues.

Think I'll go ahead.

Depending on your pedals now, Q factor difference is three parts of free stuff all. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat May 07, 2022 9:01 am

Let us know how they go Foo. ;)

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Sat May 07, 2022 10:33 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:49 am
Mr Purple wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Think I'll go ahead.

Depending on your pedals now, Q factor difference is three parts of free stuff all. :wink:
For the Look cleat standard Favero Assioma it’ll be the same at 54mm but the Duo-Shi adds 11mm each side to that.

It’ll either be unnoticeable or drive me mad, I’m not sure which.

Might just go the Look pedal and invest all of $59 on some matching Look pedals on the garage bike. Feels weird leaving the SPD team though!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat May 07, 2022 2:50 pm

I like the wide platform and clip in/out of the Shimano pedals. The cleats are durable too.
I now have a gravel bike with a wider Q factor.
Tbh I don't notice it.

I better lay low for a while after my unauthorised wheel set purchases :oops: , but when the coast is clear I am looking to some too.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat May 07, 2022 4:09 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:01 am
Let us know how they go Foo. ;)

I stuffed up, they were only Uno pedals but meh, I have that much crap going on in my head at the moment, I don't care anymore. :roll: The platform feels the same, my pedalling action doesn't feel any different but I'm not sure about there being6 degrees of float, it feels more to me but other than that, they hold well on a standing start and 50x12 sprint kick. :mrgreen:

https://www.strava.com/activities/7100111244

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat May 07, 2022 4:12 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:50 pm
I like the wide platform and clip in/out of the Shimano pedals. The cleats are durable too.
I now have a gravel bike with a wider Q factor.
Tbh I don't notice it.

I better lay low for a while after my unauthorised wheel set purchases :oops: , but when the coast is clear I am looking to some too.

:lol: :lol: Go on, live dangerously and just get them. :idea: :lol: I never have and never will ask if I can get gear that I want or need. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:34 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:12 pm

:lol: :lol: Go on, live dangerously and just get them. :idea: :lol: I never have and never will ask if I can get gear that I want or need. :wink:

Foo
She is much better than I at not buying stuff and does let me know when she wants to buy something. So I am not matching her standard and she is very important to me.
I didn't need them I just wanted them. Don't have a leg to stand on in that respect tbh :oops:

Hope the pedals are a good thing. 8)