BN forums finally dead?

Cyclophiliac

BN forums finally dead?

Postby Cyclophiliac » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:34 am

https://forums.bicyclenetwork.com.au/

The site just returns an error message now, and has done for many days. The BN web page still links to it, too. I'm not surprised: BN has shown over the last several years how little they care for maintaining that site.

Mike Ayling

Re: BN forums finally dead?

Postby Mike Ayling » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Cyclophiliac wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:34 am
https://forums.bicyclenetwork.com.au/

The site just returns an error message now, and has done for many days. The BN web page still links to it, too. I'm not surprised: BN has shown over the last several years how little they care for maintaining that site.
No, it is back again but almost no activity there, no surprise if it was finally closed.

Thanks Mohan
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:19 pm

What's the History of that forum? was it the forum before this one as it seemed there was a connection?

Bit before my time here I think although I think I'm a member of that one too and I remember some user names were the same.
Maybe I got the two forums mixed up?

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

Cyclophiliac

Postby Cyclophiliac » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:52 pm

brumby33 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:19 pm
What's the History of that forum? was it the forum before this one as it seemed there was a connection?

Bit before my time here I think although I think I'm a member of that one too and I remember some user names were the same.
Maybe I got the two forums mixed up?

brumby33
It used to be BV forums (back when Bicycle Network called themselves Bicycle Victoria, i.e. before they got power-hungry), then they briefly renamed it to Bicycle Network Victoria, and then for some years it's been Bicycle Network. I lost interest in them years ago (used to be a member), when they started acting like motorist apologists and supported mandatory helmet laws.

I checked the forum site again just now: the link is still the one from the Bicycle Network web page, I even cleared my site cookies, and it's still not loading.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:57 pm

Forums appear to becoming less popular and less frequented generally.
This forum has a fraction of the traffic it had a decade or more ago.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Mike Ayling

Postby Mike Ayling » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:31 am

And its gone again!

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

Cyclophiliac

Postby Cyclophiliac » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:35 am

It's pretty pathetic, really, that an organisation that tries to market itself as a national cycling advocacy organisation can't manage a very simple forum site (it really is very basic in its features). The site currently returns this to the user:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
This is a forum site that is still linked from the Bicycle Network main page. :roll:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:35 am

Cyclophiliac wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:35 am
It's pretty pathetic, really, that an organisation that tries to market itself as a national cycling advocacy organisation can't manage a very simple forum site (it really is very basic in its features). The site currently returns this to the user:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

No such file or directory [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
------------------------------------------------------------------