Can you help me identify this bike?
- Full Shimano 600 arabesque
- Serial G2027
- "Mangalloy" sticker on frame
- Yamaguchi Sports Frame Sakai Japan
- Very light frame
- Ukai rims
- Chrome fork and chainstay so the black paint looks OG

I'd love to spray this and restore with new decals if I can work out the brand of the bike.

Thanks
Last edited by jimmyringo on Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roisin79

Re: What is this bike?? Yamaguchi sports frame

Postby Roisin79 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:49 pm

I had a Yamaguchi "Hankook" once, nice frame, Tange Prestige. Should never have sold it actually. I did so because despite the paintwork being superb - the bike had hardly been ridden - the chrome plating was horrific, either rusty from underneath or full of strange blemishes as it they hadn't polished it properly. I've since noticed this in other Japanese things.

jimmyringo

Postby jimmyringo » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:32 am

Are my images coming up?

Is there an easy way to put in images? :?:

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:55 am

jimmyringo

Postby jimmyringo » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:08 am

Thanks P!n20

I will move them to google drive to see if that works.

Cheers, Jim

case310

Postby case310 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:42 pm

There is a builder in the USA named Yamguichi. He is from Japan and learned to build frames at 3Rensho. At some point he moved to the US and located in Colorado. He built the USA team bikes for a while in the 1980's. He also runs a frame building school that has given many builders a start. He is highly respected and still in business. He has a website and could probably tell you if it one of his. If it is one of his it might be an earlier one from Japan. The seat lug doesn't look like his later eforts. His website has a lot of pictures of his bikes built in the USA.
They don't come up for sale vary often in the US, but I have one of his TT bikes

Roisin79

Postby Roisin79 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:42 pm

case310 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:42 pm
There is a builder in the USA named Yamguichi. He is from Japan and learned to build frames at 3Rensho. At some point he moved to the US and located in Colorado. He built the USA team bikes for a while in the 1980's. He also runs a frame building school that has given many builders a start. He is highly respected and still in business. He has a website and could probably tell you if it one of his. If it is one of his it might be an earlier one from Japan. The seat lug doesn't look like his later eforts. His website has a lot of pictures of his bikes built in the USA.
They don't come up for sale vary often in the US, but I have one of his TT bikes
Different Yamaguchi. The Jap ones were made by Miki I believe. When I had mine I made the same mistake and wrote to Yamaguchi...got a very, very long and stern reply from Yamaguchi-san..."not mine"