Dusk bunch riding is big fun

drubie

Dusk bunch riding is big fun

Postby drubie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Especially with a full moon and all the bikes lit up like christmas trees. Kind of like riding one of those darkened roller coasters. Plus, when I don't see the hills coming it seems like I don't get dropped :D

I wasn't looking forward to it (kind of apprehensive about having a big bunch stack in the dark) but wow!
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

lemmiwinks

Re: Dusk bunch riding is big fun

Postby lemmiwinks » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Yes it is isn't it :mrgreen: You should try Rockvale Rd, I was crapping myself but it turned out ok, not much traffic after Herbert Park which was a relief. According to my speedo I hit 70kph :lol:

Was going to hit Dangarsleigh yesterday but I got a flat, popped in a new tube and that went flat too. Even though I checked the tyre, obviously I didn't do it well enough and something was still in there. Had to walk about a km home in bare feet.
"...for many people your life is not worth the effort it takes to pay attention or the extra few seconds they may need to wait before they can safely get around you."-BikeSnobNYC

drubie

Postby drubie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:25 pm

lemmiwinks wrote:Yes it is isn't it :mrgreen: You should try Rockvale Rd, I was crapping myself but it turned out ok, not much traffic after Herbert Park which was a relief. According to my speedo I hit 70kph :lol:

Was going to hit Dangarsleigh yesterday but I got a flat, popped in a new tube and that went flat too. Even though I checked the tyre, obviously I didn't do it well enough and something was still in there. Had to walk about a km home in bare feet.
Rockvale - Tuesday isn't my day unfortunately, I'm limited to Thursdays for a mid week ride. Racing tomorrow? I think it's a crit, although some of the guys apparently went out for a 100km training ride this morning(!).
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

lemmiwinks

Postby lemmiwinks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 am

Yeah heard about that, bit keen for me I reckon! I'll be racing later today, just got back from a 30km cruise around town. Must be mad getting up before 6am on a Saturday.
"...for many people your life is not worth the effort it takes to pay attention or the extra few seconds they may need to wait before they can safely get around you."-BikeSnobNYC