Monday 19 October 2009

Cycled Cremorne to Summer Hill to Cremorne

Went over the ANZAC Bridge twice.

Distance: 32.09km

Keep cycling for fun

toolonglegs

Re: Where did you ride your bike today?

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:32 am

Villars-les-Dombes to Joyeux at 40kmph av...then blew and cruised at a good clip thru the Dombes for an hour then dropped off the plateau and rode along the Ain river for a while then climbed back up to Chalamont then cruised thru the maize fields for a while.Saw two deer and a wild pig...was getting really tired and should have taken more than one bottle for a 88km ride...even if it was only 4 degrees when I started...would have been 10 degrees after the fog cleared. Absolutely sweet ride but took it out of me more than I thought :D .

Max

Postby Max » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:30 am

Nowhere :( :cry: But I'm fantasising about my next ride, does that count? :)

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:59 am

to work. brunswick to melbourne CBD. same ride as i do every day :)

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 am

On Sunday: Around the Bay 50km fun ride - North Essendon to the Alexandra gardens to Altona via the Westgate bridge, then back to the Alexandra gardens and from there back to North Essendon. Total distance ~91km in exactly 4.5 hours (including rest stops, traffic lights and slow cyclists sitting in the right hand lane).

Today: commuted to work - North Essendon to Prahran. Distance 22.3km. Managed to hit 50km/h along the cement creek bed. First time I've done that on the flat. I just kept running out of rpms and had to keep shifting up. It was great fun!

JV911

Postby JV911 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:05 am

mont ventoux!

on dvd whilst on the mag trainer
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

bella26

Postby bella26 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 am

Max wrote:Nowhere :( :cry: But I'm fantasising about my next ride, does that count? :)
+1 :(
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

grw

Postby grw » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:05 am

Cronulla up to Cape Solander on the fixed wheel.
Max wrote:Nowhere :( :cry: But I'm fantasising about my next ride, does that count? :)
However I'm fantasising about my next job, so my daytime mucking about on the bike will (hopefully) come to an end soon. Mixed feelings about this :?

Max

Postby Max » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:19 am

grw wrote:However I'm fantasising about my next job, so my daytime mucking about on the bike will (hopefully) come to an end soon. Mixed feelings about this :?
I'm fantasising about a job that doesn't involve an 80Km round trip commute!! :lol:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

fitz

Postby fitz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:47 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Villars-les-Dombes to Joyeux at 40kmph av...then blew and cruised at a good clip thru the Dombes for an hour then dropped off the plateau and rode along the Ain river for a while then climbed back up to Chalamont then cruised thru the maize fields for a while.Saw two deer and a wild pig...was getting really tired and should have taken more than one bottle for a 88km ride...even if it was only 4 degrees when I started...would have been 10 degrees after the fog cleared. Absolutely sweet ride but took it out of me more than I thought :D .
TLL I was loking at your route on google maps. What are all those strange lakes up there. They dont look natural at all. Are they irrigation dams? I used to stop around some of those areas (but a bit further north) on my way from UK down to the Alps between my cycling years. Lordy how I wish I had started riding again then! It was beautiful country.
Can I have some of these?

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 pm

look like moraine lakes to me, ie remnants of the last glaciation period.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Just the commute, still got the second leg to go...

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

spunkyryan

Postby spunkyryan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Rode from home in Woden up Adelaide, Commonwealth and Northborne Avenues as far as the roundabout at Watson then back down to home and back up and down the route again. All up approx 80km covered at an average speed of 27km/h.

Then I rode to work 5km away :D
N+1 - 2019 Colnago C64, Dura-Ace Di2, DT Swiss PRC 1100 Dicut Mon Chasseral

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:04 pm

fitz wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Villars-les-Dombes to Joyeux at 40kmph av...then blew and cruised at a good clip thru the Dombes for an hour then dropped off the plateau and rode along the Ain river for a while then climbed back up to Chalamont then cruised thru the maize fields for a while.Saw two deer and a wild pig...was getting really tired and should have taken more than one bottle for a 88km ride...even if it was only 4 degrees when I started...would have been 10 degrees after the fog cleared. Absolutely sweet ride but took it out of me more than I thought :D .
TLL I was loking at your route on google maps. What are all those strange lakes up there. They dont look natural at all. Are they irrigation dams? I used to stop around some of those areas (but a bit further north) on my way from UK down to the Alps between my cycling years. Lordy how I wish I had started riding again then! It was beautiful country.
They are swamps...or Dombes in French.Hence I live in "the village in the swamps" :lol: .But they are all man made...some are at least 1000 years old.Some of the castles still have them surrounding them.Yeah there are 100's of them...they are only 1 meter or so deep and some are drained ever two or 3 years and planted in crops.They are all used for fishing...some sort of carp and something else.But it ain't sport...they drain them in the middle of winter (so the fish don't cook) and scoop them out of the small amount of water left.It rains a fair bit here,as we are on a plateau and there is no mountains or rivers feeding into them...just rain.
You get a rough idea here... http://ladombes.free.fr/La_peche_dans_l ... g_2007.htm
I need to go 20-30kms west (Beaujolais) or 30km east (Bugey) to find climbs over 5 kms long...but around home there are hundreds of routes I can take and only see one or two cars an hour.

lukas

Postby lukas » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:46 pm

34km post work ride for me. From home down over Oatley Bridge, up to Sutherland, into the RNP to climb Artillery Hill, turn around, climb Audley to get out. Then roll on home.

Lukas hearts daylight savings.
Cervelo R3
Canyon Ultimate AL

stubbie

Postby stubbie » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 pm

Took the car to the mechanics to get some work done. Took bike out of the back of car and rode home up 350m in 9km. :)
Gravity will never let you down.

fitz

Postby fitz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:03 pm

rustychisel wrote:look like moraine lakes to me, ie remnants of the last glaciation period.
Nah not Moraine lakes Rusty.
Type in Shercock into Google maps. Click "satelite" on top right. Now that town is right in the middle of "moraine lakes" from the last ice age. We called it "drumlin" country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drumlin
Short sharp hard hilly routes that would blow your legs away. Great training country for young lads. Race fields split very quick into those racing...and the rest.

Thanks TLL, what a fascinating place you live and ride in.
Can I have some of these?

FiMcK

Postby FiMcK » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Ormond to Caulfield and return, Ormond to Monash Medical in Clayton, Clayton to Prahran for lunch with hubby, Prahran to Ormond and second lunch. All up approximately 45km.

brendancg

Postby brendancg » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 pm

From Penrith out past the lakes to Richmond then along Richmond Rd to Windsor then through Londonderry back to Penrith. First ride since the masters and felt good.
Yesterday was an easy day.

Aspergers

Postby Aspergers » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Sunday 25 October 2009
My ride was Dee Why to Wollstonecraft, Lane Cove to Dee Why

Cycled to Wollstonecraft because I was a volunteer in the Seven Bridges Walk. After I started my volunteer job they moved me to lane Cove.

Cycled on main roads or secondary roads.

Had rain from about 2km from Home

Total distance 40.83km

Keep cycling for fun

Aspergers

Postby Aspergers » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Saturday 7 November 2009
My bike rids was Dee Why to North Head to Dee Why.

Cycled via Shelly Beach on the way to North Head

Did two laps of North Head.

Distance 31.97km

roller

Postby roller » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm

saturday: floreat to floreat via fremantle, applecross, city - 55kms

sunday: embleton to mt henry bridge, raffles, freo, cottesloe, claremont, dalkeith, milk'd cafe in maylands, back to mt henry bridge, home to embleton - 105kms
inflammatory statement or idea

flashgaza

Postby flashgaza » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:41 pm

I rode from Kiama to Thirroul via Wollongong. The cycleway from Wollongong to Thirroul runs along the beach much the same as Perth beaches cycleways do, but it was tough pushing into the NE wind :oops: . 66.5ks up and I rode mainly road on the way back due to fatigue 55.5ks to total 119k all up.

Cheers
Gary :D

PPFC

Postby PPFC » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Nice ride Gary. I used to meet up with a mate up the foothills of Tarrawanna, riding down to the beach at Fairy Meadow over to Belmore Basin. From there we rode up the bike path to Austinmer then turn around back to Towradgi and back to Tarrawanna.

Today I rode, home to work and Back - about 40km

smileNnod

Postby smileNnod » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:55 pm

>>>>>> >> >>
> >>>>>>> > > > >
>West Head> > > > > >
Akuna Bay> > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>> > Return>>>>>>>>>>
> > > <<< < < <
> > >
> > >
Harbord>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mccars Creek rd> > >