Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

cage

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby cage » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:28 pm

Fishybone wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 pm
I am waiting on them to try sending it a fourth time… I only really need it by April when we have shorter daylight hours but not sure if PayPal’s dispute window closes at some point if I don’t end up receiving it by then.

I think you've got 180 days to make a PayPal claim, but check on their site incase i'm wrong.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

Fishybone

Postby Fishybone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:10 pm

cage wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:28 pm
I think you've got 180 days to make a PayPal claim, but check on their site incase i'm wrong.
Cheers just checked and it’s 180 days indeed. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that! Got a large Knog Cobber rear and a Knog Pwr Road for $147 which I think is a really good deal if the items actually arrive.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:10 pm

Ordered two dib bottles last Thursday online - was delivered in Sydney today, all the way from the US. Great service considering shipping was free.

https://dibsports.com/collections/dib-bottle

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:26 am

Wow. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:37 am

Retrobyte wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:10 pm
Ordered two dib bottles last Thursday online - was delivered in Sydney today, all the way from the US. Great service considering shipping was free.

Mind if I ask .. how's your experience with the Dib bottle so far?
Does it feel top heavy or unbalanced on the bottle cage?
If you need to drink, do you then grab hold of the whole bottle (including the bottom part with the tools)?

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:43 am

caneye wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:37 am
Retrobyte wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:10 pm

Mind if I ask .. how's your experience with the Dib bottle so far?
Does it feel top heavy or unbalanced on the bottle cage?
If you need to drink, do you then grab hold of the whole bottle (including the bottom part with the tools)?
I'm on the fence so far. Doesn't feel top heavy at all - you do need to grab hold of the whole bottle for a drink ... the two sections are clipped together so it takes two hands to separate, which means you lift the entire bottle when drinking on the bike.

The dib tool compartment won't fit my mini pump, which currently fits comfortably in my Lezyne tool bottle. The dib is large enough for 2 xCO2 cartridges and inflator, one tube, tyre levers and the smallest mini tool you can find, but a pump still needs to travel in a jersey pocket.

The bundle comes with an interchangeable 10oz and 16oz drink bottle section, but 16oz is still only 450ml, so not a lot of extra liquid really.

I may end up going with a VeloPac for my tools on rides where I definitely need to carry two bottles

Fishybone

Postby Fishybone » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 am

So i was due to have my order delivered in mid Dec but it never arrived by the indicated time so I contacted PBK about it and they said it’s likely lost and they’ll send me another.

That has now arrived, and weirdly, the “lost” order is now also enroute. This will be an interesting conversation with PBK…

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:34 am

Retrobyte wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:43 am
I'm on the fence so far. Doesn't feel top heavy at all - you do need to grab hold of the whole bottle for a drink ... the two sections are clipped together so it takes two hands to separate, which means you lift the entire bottle when drinking on the bike.

The dib tool compartment won't fit my mini pump, which currently fits comfortably in my Lezyne tool bottle. The dib is large enough for 2 xCO2 cartridges and inflator, one tube, tyre levers and the smallest mini tool you can find, but a pump still needs to travel in a jersey pocket.

The bundle comes with an interchangeable 10oz and 16oz drink bottle section, but 16oz is still only 450ml, so not a lot of extra liquid really.

I may end up going with a VeloPac for my tools on rides where I definitely need to carry two bottles
Thanks for that! Very useful to know. I might try it.
So far this summer, I've been able to get by with a single bidon. Also trying to limit my rides, nothing excessively long .. so a Dib bottle will be useful.

I'm thinking if I do finish my bidon of water, then instead of taking a swig from the Dib, I might top up the main bidon from Dib instead.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:37 pm

Fishybone wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:09 am
So i was due to have my order delivered in mid Dec but it never arrived by the indicated time so I contacted PBK about it and they said it’s likely lost and they’ll send me another.

That has now arrived, and weirdly, the “lost” order is now also enroute. This will be an interesting conversation with PBK…

Why, I wouldn't say anything about it and take it as payment for being dicked around. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Buying anything with Auspost interstate shipping can be frustrating still.
Ordered from Pushys Wednesday morning, dispatched and picked up by Auspost that afternoon.
Still showing as scanned in at Brisbane, not anywhere down in Vic.

Just got to be patient I suppose :roll:

Edit: Been buying mainly off my LBS lately, but not a Garmin dealer and I bought a Varia

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:30 pm

^ Must be luck of the draw, I ordered from Pushys on a Thursday evening and it arrived the following Tuesday. Not bad.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:16 pm

I had a little bit of stitching come loose on some Le Col shorts, a newer pair of the Hors Categorie 2 shorts, the other were an older pair.

I suggested this be improved and once they checked the production number I gave them, Le Col sent me a new pair of the HC2 and a 50% discount on whatever I wanted to buy for the older pair. Cannot complain about the excellent customer service.

Dave123

Polygon Strattos S8 2022

Postby Dave123 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:19 am

Hi folks, anyone out there have a Polygon Strattos S8 or similar? I'm looking at the 2022 model from bicycles online. Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

SlowUpSlowishDown

Postby SlowUpSlowishDown » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:38 pm

After reviewing the weather for an upcoming event I bit the bullet last minute and on Tuesday the 22nd of Feb around lunch I ordered from Wiggle with express delivery a Castelli Idro 3 Jacket. I was a bit nervous as it was an estimated 4 business day delivery from the UK an I needed it that weekend, but I received it on the Friday in end. Glad I did as it rained for the first 2 hours of my ride that I wanted it for :D

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:17 pm

Gotta give a huge thumbs up for http://abbotsfordcycles.com.au/.

Had to do a search for a Syntace X12 TA for the Llewellyn, and it was a choice of Abbotsford or Pushy's. Now, I've had no issues with Pushys before, but sometimes it can take a few days to get the item packed and dispatched.

I spoke to someone at Abbotsford this morning, and explained the situation and urgency. I asked for Express p[ost, and they didn't charge extra, but it's already with Aus post, ready to get here before the end of the week.

Huge thanks (and prices were the same, including shipping) :D :D

am50em

Postby am50em » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:47 pm

I have not bought from Wiggle for a few years but saw some winter bib tights on sale. Purchased 3 Mar delivered 8 Mar.
Bought a new rear wheel from Pushys 28 Feb, delivered 7 Mar. Thought there might have been some delay due to the floods but all good.

DarkRider

Postby DarkRider » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:53 am

I've been buying a lot of auto parts, solar parts and bike bits lately and I've had good service from just about everyone, but for just the bike bits Ivanhoe Cycles in Melbourne have been good. Mine came from the Heidelberg store and standard postage got it to me in regional Vic within 3 days.

Paulie_M

Postby Paulie_M » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:50 am

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a bike online. Over the years I've always purchased bikes from my LBS, however this time I thought I'd try an online store and looking at purchasing a bike from Ribble (a UK based bike store/builder). Firstly has anyone purchased a bike from Ribble in the last 12 months and secondly, are there any hidden tax and import cost associated with purchasing a bike online that I should consider. Many thanks.

schurms

Postby schurms » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:35 pm

Tacx NEO 2T Smart Trainer Parts Availability from Garmin Australia

Posting as a FYI.

For those of us who have a Tacx NEO 2T you would be aware Garmin Australia does not list a lot of Tacx spares on its website https://www.garmin.com/en-AU/p/701670#accessories. This website does not list key items such as the Shimano/Sram cassette (Freehub) body or the NEO 2T Bearing service kit (Plenty on youtube about NEO 2T bearing issues).

Without any trouble I was able to contact Garmin Support 1800 235 822 and readily order the following items even though they are not on their website:
- Shimano Body - Part No: S0050 - $132.21
- Tacx NEO 2T Bearing Service Kit - Part No: S11-04001-80 - $102.07

If you have a garmin account the order is tracked within that.

So if it is not a warranty issue, and you are after a spare part, you can easily contact Garmin Australia and obtain the parts.

antigee
Location: just off the Yarra Trail but not lurking in the bushes

Postby antigee » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:20 pm

Paulie_M wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:50 am
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a bike online. Over the years I've always purchased bikes from my LBS, however this time I thought I'd try an online store and looking at purchasing a bike from Ribble (a UK based bike store/builder). Firstly has anyone purchased a bike from Ribble in the last 12 months and secondly, are there any hidden tax and import cost associated with purchasing a bike online that I should consider. Many thanks.
[pom] Ribble have been around 40-50years in the UK the original "mail order" go to for a decent winter bike (winter bikes are a thing with salted roads) good product...frames from ? built up in UK ...seen some complaints in last 2 (covid) years about slow deliveries versus promises but then again that is how it has been...[/pom]

my understanding (and I may be wrong) is that though Ribble has an .com.au website they have no physical in Aus' or a third party warehousing/importer... I may be wrong maybe ask them ....on their website I hit this review pretty quickly and think correct (I'm interested in a Ti CGR frameset from them so your post reminded me to check)

Vinnie
The CGR itself is grand. Putting it together after delivery was smooth and there was plenty of grease already added to pedal threads and assembly paste on the seatpost. The rear der. did get a knock sometime during delivery but 2min of tuning sorted that out. Most importantly, it rides great. The ti frame plus gravel tires really does give a quite sumptuous ride quality once you go offroad, distinctly more comfortable than my older al gravel bike. Corners beautifully in the loose stuff and is quick enough onroad. The GRX 800 shifting has a very direct action and works flawlessly.

Some notes for Aus buyers, the /au website may show prices in AUD, but you'll still be charged in UK£, so there will be additional currency conversion fees, as well as customs and GST costs when it arrives in country. These are NOT included in Ribble's pricing.

As the entire industry is experiencing, there are significant delays between ordering and actual build. It took 9 months from ordering to actual delivery in this case, despite the original build schedule being estimated at 3 months. Anyone thinking of ordering online must be accepting of the possibility that this process could take a lot longer than expected, but I can attest that the final product is worth it in the end.

so add in freight as landed cost applies...possible AU end handling fee ...not up to date on duty 6%ish? then add GST gets a final price

Paulie_M

Postby Paulie_M » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:57 am

:( Thanks antigee...
antigee wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:20 pm
Paulie_M wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:50 am
[pom] Ribble have been around 40-50years in the UK the original "mail order" go to for a decent winter bike (winter bikes are a thing with salted roads) good product...frames from ? built up in UK ...seen some complaints in last 2 (covid) years about slow deliveries versus promises but then again that is how it has been...[/pom]

my understanding (and I may be wrong) is that though Ribble has an .com.au website they have no physical in Aus' or a third party warehousing/importer... I may be wrong maybe ask them ....on their website I hit this review pretty quickly and think correct (I'm interested in a Ti CGR frameset from them so your post reminded me to check)

Vinnie
The CGR itself is grand. Putting it together after delivery was smooth and there was plenty of grease already added to pedal threads and assembly paste on the seatpost. The rear der. did get a knock sometime during delivery but 2min of tuning sorted that out. Most importantly, it rides great. The ti frame plus gravel tires really does give a quite sumptuous ride quality once you go offroad, distinctly more comfortable than my older al gravel bike. Corners beautifully in the loose stuff and is quick enough onroad. The GRX 800 shifting has a very direct action and works flawlessly.

Some notes for Aus buyers, the /au website may show prices in AUD, but you'll still be charged in UK£, so there will be additional currency conversion fees, as well as customs and GST costs when it arrives in country. These are NOT included in Ribble's pricing.

As the entire industry is experiencing, there are significant delays between ordering and actual build. It took 9 months from ordering to actual delivery in this case, despite the original build schedule being estimated at 3 months. Anyone thinking of ordering online must be accepting of the possibility that this process could take a lot longer than expected, but I can attest that the final product is worth it in the end.

so add in freight as landed cost applies...possible AU end handling fee ...not up to date on duty 6%ish? then add GST gets a final price

caneye

Postby caneye » Mon May 09, 2022 10:48 am

Super impressed.
c r c ... ordered a pair of bibs on Tuesday (3/5), delivered to my home (metro Sydney) via DHL on SUNDAY (8/5).

East Midlands (UK) > Leipzig > Singapore > Sydney

zool3

Postby zool3 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:31 pm

Been spending a lot at Bikebug lately. $39 min spend for free shipping is great. Allows me to buy things as required instead of $99 spend, or $199 from Wiggle.

Delivery from Bikebug isn't the fastest, generally 1 week but acceptable for me. They use nice cardboard boxes as well so the items are well protected and I can re-use them for organisation. Only had 1 issue with item being out of stock despite buying when it was instock. Hoping they restock the jagwire bleed kit soon!

Otherwise happy with their services and competitive prices.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Wed May 18, 2022 6:34 pm

I had an order shipped from Bikebug that wasn't picked correctly - I ordered two of one item but only one was delivered. Emailed them this morning, and received a reply late this afternoon with tracking details of the forgotten item that they posted today. Good customer service! Interestingly, when I clicked on the "rate our customer service" link it took me to a Pushys website page.

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Thu May 19, 2022 11:39 am

Retrobyte wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:34 pm
Interestingly, when I clicked on the "rate our customer service" link it took me to a Pushys website page.

Pushy's bought BikeBug around Feb this year

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/02/austral ... s-bikebug/