Motorist rant and video re Fitz's

Ross

Motorist rant and video re Fitz's

Postby Ross » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 am

http://the-riotact.com/poor-planning-sh ... ght/136185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Motorist rant and video re Fitz's

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:34 am

All of the cyclists in that video were riding two abreast. No law breaking going on at all, from what I can see. Legal road users legally using the road. If you want to see dangerous road use and law breaking, go through the street in front of my kids' school of a morning time.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:23 pm

I wonder if the person who took the video will be prosecuted for constantly crossing double unbroken lines...

I went out for a drive to Orroral for a bushwalk with the family on Saturday, and saw plenty of signage indicating that there was going to be a major road cycling event on the 26th.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:18 pm

I was more annoyed by the video being 90degrees out.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:39 pm

What a surprise, a motorist having a sook about cyclists. And they have to pick the biggest mass participation ride around these parts to have their sook about.

1400 riders.

Great day out, very hot.

I didn't cop any grief from any motorists for the 5 hours I was out there.

Sooky internet warriors, what would the world do without them.

:)

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Yes I spoke to a friend who did the 165km and he said there were no problems with motorists. In previous years there have been episodes of aggressive motorists close shaving cyclists, honking horns and yelling abuse. But of course this moron motorist has a whinge about cyclists legally riding two abreast and the lack of signage. :roll:

V8rider

Postby V8rider » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:12 pm

I had something yelled at me (I posted in another thread about it), it was pretty late in the day maybe 5pm. I was one of the slow 205 guys.
I was solo at the time, actually I was solo most of the day! and over to the left with plenty of over taking room, just figured it was a moron. It didn't bother me as the rest of the day was awesome. Having never done the ride before, I though there was heaps of signage.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Is he (as the driver) using a mobile phone to record this? Pretty sure that's another road rule breach (at least it is here in Victoria).

Looks like he could have easily just sat back and waited until the dotted lines instead of crossing double lines. I'm assuming the ACT does not have the QLD rule in yet regarding crossing double lines? I'd like to see this footage sent to the police regarding the driver's actions.

mick243

Postby mick243 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:09 pm

I just re watched it - definitley looks like recorded on a hand held device, but looks to me to be done from the passenger seat, and sounds like multiple people in the vehicle

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:43 pm

So it’s just a whinge, I am betting this driver doesn’t have a plan, hasn’t an extra 200,000 insurance to ride just that day, can’t understand the nature of the cycling that mates riding two abreast is ok. Conversing is OK. He is conversing and orchestrating a video is he not?

"My God cyclist in front, I can't see what's around this bend. I have to go across double lines and risk a head on because of unregistered, uninsured cyclists. It's only pure luck that I survived"...... :)

No one more than 1.5 metres apart.
I am also surprised at the lack of attention to the road among vulnerable road users.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers