Bike path next to Fountain Gate Westfield

kimmie

Bike path next to Fountain Gate Westfield

Postby kimmie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi guys,

Yesterday I parked my car at Westfield Fountain Gate, the 'Myer' rooftop parking. I accidentally saw a bike path along the parking lot.

Anyone knows where to enter that path? Is it from/next to 'Honda New World' in Narre Warren?

Thanks in anticipation to anyone willing to share their knowledge... :-)
"Ride like the wind, Bullseye!"

epicmac

Re: Bike path next to Fountain Gate Westfield

Postby epicmac » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi,

You can enter from quite a few places. I ride along this on the way home from work.
There is an entry off Magid Dr, just before it goes under the freeway.
It crosses at the pedestrian lights on Narre Warren North Rd at the fwy lights so you can enter either way there.
There is an entry off Victor Cres at the end of the the shops, and many other spots between Doveton and Berwick.

Craig

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:34 pm

epicmac wrote:Hi,

You can enter from quite a few places. I ride along this on the way home from work.
There is an entry off Magid Dr, just before it goes under the freeway.
It crosses at the pedestrian lights on Narre Warren North Rd at the fwy lights so you can enter either way there.
There is an entry off Victor Cres at the end of the the shops, and many other spots between Doveton and Berwick.

Craig
G'day Craig,

Thanks for taking time and replying to this thread. Appreciate your time.

I did try again last Saturday. I rode along the bike path from the entry opposite Berwick Hotel in High St. However was 'lost' again when I try to find an entrance to that particular path that goes parallel with Princes Fwy (Monash Freeway). All I can found was a track that goes in front of Honda New World and Mercedes Benz showroom.

Anyway, the easiest way probably was asking my wife to drop me to Fountain Gate, and rode that track to find the entrance :-)

Thanks again and hope to see you around the area one day.

Reuben

Azza1976

Postby Azza1976 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi,

I also rode that track with my daughter on the weekend.

Where the track heads up to the left past Honda and Mercedes you need to follow it to the right. Soon after that you need to look out for a little bridge on your left, you need to take that bridge and it will swing under the freeway and you can go around the back of Goodguys etc and the track ends near the entrance to the food court..

If you dont take the bridge you end up heading through a park and towards Narre Warren North. Don't ask me how I know this!

Cheers,

Aaron.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 am

kimmie, the bike paths are hopeless for sineage, here are the trap areas.
Some times it is hard to identify the right way and you can find yourself in to some estate. They can't understand that a simple arrow to the main trail is of benefit to the casual cyclist.

Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

kimmie

Postby kimmie » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Aaron and outnabike,

Many thanks for your time spend to reply to this thread. Much appreciated.

I will give it a go next time I have time to try it on again, Aaron. Thanks again.

Outnabike, you are right... It's confusing and frustrating, but at the same time - challenging! :-) At least it gives an opportunity for me to 'talk' with my fellow Berwick riders through this wonderful forum. Would LOVE to have a group ride one day.