Track Race Report Thread

foo on patrol

Re: Track Race Report Thread

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 am

Our reserve rider won't be doin anything if my legs fail. He fell last night and broke his collarbone. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 pm

Well we snagged the Silver in the 135yr+ Team Sprint. :D Then on Saturday, I set a PB in qualifying for the 200mtr fly since getting back on my bike. 13.09. Considering how little I get to train (85 days for last year) and my quads and hammies locking up on me when I went to kick for the fly, I am happy with that.

So I qualified 4th fastest with an ex World Champ a State Camp and another that was 15years younger than me quicker. First round and my legs still weren't good and my rear tyre didn't feel right so I didn't go well in the first heat. When I came off I checked pressure and it had lost 160psi. :shock: By this time, I was in a world of hurt with so much pain in my back, that I went and wished the other riders good luck and then notified the comms of my decision to withdraw. Well bugger me if I didn't get notification later on, that they awarded me 3rd place in M7. :shock:

The pain levels increased over night to the point that I couldn't sleep, so got out of bed at 12.30am for a couple of hours and waited for some pain relief. Went for a 10klm spin and that did zip. Back home a shower and back into bed for another 3hrs after more pain killers. Still the waves of pain kept coming so back into bed at 5pm and I didn't get out until 5.30am and I finally had most of the pain gone.

Was the effort that I put in for my Team and then my qualifying worth it? You bet it was, for when I make a commitment to do my best for a Team or try my hardest for myself, that's exactly what I do. :idea: Remember the number of training days that I did and only just over 3000klm for 2018, so I went okay for a fat old bastard. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Oh, I have been invited to train with the Sprinters of a Sunday morning, so I'm moving over to the darkside this year, in the hope that I can get some strength and speed happening for at least the shorter races, till I get some endurance in my legs. :idea:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:44 pm

Well done on the result 8)

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:05 am

Thanks. :)

Foo
Goal 6000km

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Been offline since a ride that didn't go to plan on the 13th.

Congratulations Foo.

Cheers,

Cameron.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Thanks Cameron.

Foo
Goal 6000km

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Been enjoying watching the live stream of Foo racing at Cyclefest over the weekend.

Looking forward to the reports.

Cheers

Cameron

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Hmmm okay, I'll try again. :?

The legs felt great on Friday but I just couldn't get them to go quick. :( Then Saturday, they were crap and I was very tired. :evil:

There were a few crashes but you know what, the riders that had never ridden there before, should have devoted more time to finding out how the Track behaved at different points = ride at 75% of full sprint, to see what happened's at various points of the bends. :idea:

There was a massive fall in the heats of the Elite UCI Madison and for the final, they did a 60 lap Teams Race, WTH? :roll: I would post pics but as I've said before, this site is now a pain in the arse for posting pics to, unlike when I could get on here with Tappa. :( One rider from the Netherlands, had his Koga frame break in half in the crash but someone lent him a frame and he put all of his bits onto it, so that he could keep racing. :wink:

It's very heartening, to see how quick the girls are and the good roll up of them. 8)

Still, despite my lack of performance, it is still a great weekend and I'll be back there again, next year. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 am

10.873 for a U17 rider. :shock: Now that's bloody quick, so watch this space. :wink:

http://nsw.cycling.org.au/News/All-News ... cI3Q3WVTZ4

Foo
Goal 6000km

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi Foo,

I was just pleased to stumble on the live feed and more so to hear names I recognised.

I recognised that it wasn't your best day's racing but you were at least out there. I'm still off the bike and suffered a bit of a setback on Sunday when my knee started giving me trouble.

There are some very quick Juniors around, we have a current Junior World Champion who no-one has heard of here in Melbourne.

Speaking of Juniors, Lachlan will take to the track to race in the U11 State Titles this weekend.

Looking forward to another great day on the boards.

Cheers,

Cameron

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:09 am

Good luck to ya youngin, Cameron. 8)

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:11 am

Remember this name and watch this space.......Byron Davies. 3mths of training on the Track he does a 10.5sec 200mtr fly a 1.03sec 1000mtr and he's 19yrs. I watched him race over the last two days and to say that I'm very impressed, is an understatement! :shock:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:20 am

Kangaroo Point Club put on a meet yesterday at the Annadome. :mrgreen:

Well the wash up from the Kangaroo Point Meet is................
Legs felt like crap in the Scratch Race but in the B-grade Masters Keirin they started to feel better on the 105" gear and made the final of that. Swapped the wheels to my 2 class wheels, Zipps (an 808 front and and 950 disc rear) and got 4th in the final. The bastards though it was a good idea to start the sprint, two n a half laps out. I chased as hard as I could and caught 3rd place but didn't have any petrol left in the tank to go around him but I was very happy with that ride. :)
The Miss n Out was a complete stuff up, as the back two riders off the fence, took off without the riders grouping for the start and after a lap where we didn't get the whistle for the start, I yelled at them, the race hasn't started yet and the rest of the riders were still 20mtrs behind me and I was 10mtrs behind these clowns. :roll: When it did start I positioned myself behind the lead rider but was underneath another, but still though this wouldn't be to bad, until we came into the straight for the first drop out and the two riders positioned in front, started back peddling, Say What! :shock: :evil: So I lost out due to this weird action.
Then there was a Points Score, only 12 laps, reduced from 15 laps and the same two riders did exactly the same thing, took off before everyone grouped together for the start and I tried to bridge the gap but my legs were pretty burn by this stage of the meet but couldn't understand why, they started the race? I pulled up the Track and the riders behind me chased them down and caught them after a lap but I lost interest with it and the legs said get stuffed. :x
But overall, I was happy with those two rides in the Keirin and with the States next weekend, my goal is to break 13sec for the 200mtr Fly qualifying and have a good ride in the Keirin, Scratch Race and 500mtr Time Trial. :wink:
Had a few people said I rode well today, so that always gives the mind a boost. :mrgreen:
I'm just a tad cheesed off though, because all of my data wasn't recorded, because for some reason it was on pause for the whole time! :evil:

Foo
Goal 6000km