Temptation Creek Trail and Rawson Parade Trail Loop (Royal National Park - NSW)

peter

Temptation Creek Trail and Rawson Parade Trail Loop (Royal National Park - NSW)

Postby peter » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:47 pm

Planning to explore the trails between Loftus Oval and Grays Point, I think the loop is made of Temptation Creek Trail and Rawson Parade Trail. It doesn't look too bad in Google Street view, but I'm new to trail riding, also riding a gravel bike, is the loop a challenging one for a newbie, and does it require at least a hard tail MTB?
Last edited by peter on Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derny Driver

Re: Temptation Creek Trail and Rawson Parade Trail Loop (Royal National Park - NSW)

Postby Derny Driver » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:05 am

I used to live at Grays Point and used to regularly ride from Grays Point to Loftus/ top of Audley hill on my road bike. But that was about 20 years ago. I cant be 100% sure but I think you'll be okay on a gravel bike. Its reasonably flat and the trails used to be in fairly good condition.

peter

Re: Temptation Creek Trail and Rawson Parade Trail Loop (Royal National Park - NSW)

Postby peter » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:47 am

Thanks for the feedback.

There's a 10% valley in the north half of the loop (Temptation Creek Trail), south half (Rawson Parade Trail) seems relatively flat. Not too sure about current surface condition, I guess don't go after rain. :)

peter

Postby peter » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:51 pm

I have since watched a few videos on YouTube, it seems the surface is too rough for gravel bikes. Will save it for another day, after getting an eMTB.