Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

MichaelB

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MichaelB » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:08 pm

familyguy wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:48 am
Anyone doing a BikeInn or Bike24 order in the next week or so? Looking at a rim and spoke nipples and was just been emailed to inform me that the quoted postage was wrong and the price is now twice what it was, i.e. not worth doing. If I could source any of it locally, I would, but we appear to get no wheels here that aren't ready-made.
PM sent.

nathg

Postby nathg » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:57 am

Has anyone purchased through Pedal Mafia recently? Grabbed some gear on Tuesday but have had no updates since order confirmation. Ordering through other cycling retailers in the last couple of weeks, shipping has been super quick. Understand that it’s obviously a sale period so there would be some delay.

BoNeZ

Postby BoNeZ » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:42 pm

nathg wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:57 am
Has anyone purchased through Pedal Mafia recently? Grabbed some gear on Tuesday but have had no updates since order confirmation. Ordering through other cycling retailers in the last couple of weeks, shipping has been super quick. Understand that it’s obviously a sale period so there would be some delay.
I orders some bibs on Nov 15 and they arrived in Sydney on the 17th.

It was my first order from them in a while. The bibs are really comfortable but last time they took over a week to ship and my black friday order only just arrived before new year. Everything was much better this time including using a better (Auspost) courier.

blizzard

Postby blizzard » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:44 pm

I just purchased a handlebar (EXS R180) and bibs from Panda Podium, $380 shipped. Will post back on how it goes.

nathg

Postby nathg » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:27 pm

BoNeZ wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:42 pm
nathg wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:57 am
I orders some bibs on Nov 15 and they arrived in Sydney on the 17th.

It was my first order from them in a while. The bibs are really comfortable but last time they took over a week to ship and my black friday order only just arrived before new year. Everything was much better this time including using a better (Auspost) courier.
They ended up arriving on Monday. Once shipping confirmation came through late Friday it was pretty quick.

Must say, their recommendation for a small jersey is way off. I’m about 178cm/73kg, guide (and inputting my measurements) suggested a small, and that even the model who is 180cm/85kg wears a small. It’s bloody tight! Bibs seem great though haven’t ridden with them yet.

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:23 pm

I'm waiting on a Pedal Mafia black Friday package as well. They emailed me to say they didn't have one of the items in stock and I asked if I still got free shipping without it as the rest fell just under $99. Never got a response or any shipping info. Don't know what is happening.

blizzard

Postby blizzard » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:55 pm

blizzard wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:44 pm
I just purchased a handlebar (EXS R180) and bibs from Panda Podium, $380 shipped. Will post back on how it goes.
Follow up on this. Took them a bit over week to pick and ship, probably smashed due to black friday. Shipping was only 5 days and didn't have to pay any extra duties.

Also there in a pair of Panda Power socks.

am50em

Postby am50em » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:15 pm

I bought a long sleeve Neopro jersey size XXL (which is size I buy in other brands). I am 195cm, 92kg. The jersey fits well in the body but the sleeves are at least 6cm too short. The short sleeve jersey is good and aale price was good.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 am

Had a discussion with an offroad racer (he's the Aus Masters Champ in XC I think) re chains and which are good.

I currently use the KMC X11SL as it was available at a good price at the time, but it turns out that it isn't the best for longevity. So, started the hunt for a new option and backed with some good data from Adam at ZFC, I began looking for some bargain priced SRAM XX1 chains.

Some places (like Pushys & Ccache) had them for $59.99, one storefront had them for $50 !!! It was an Aussie place in Sydney (they are also Raild that do wheelsets), the site was

https://thebrig.com.au/

As I hadn't heard of them before, I requested price matches from Pushys and Ccache, but as they took too long to respond, I snaffled 8 chains from The Brig. NP, order dispatched the next day.

Then the tracking number they gave got delivered to somewhere in Sydney :shock:

Quickly emailed them and then rang, and they confirmed they got the email, and were investigating. Within 10 min, got several replies by SMS with corrected tracking number (which showed they had arrived in Adelaide, but not delivered yet). They were delivered the next day.

The shop is MTB focussed and doesn't have a huge range, but cannot complain about the service or price !!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:16 am

MichaelB wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 am

I currently use the KMC X11SL as it was available at a good price at the time, but it turns out that it isn't the best for longevity. So, started the hunt for a new option and backed with some good data from Adam at ZFC, I began looking for some bargain priced SRAM XX1 chains.

Some places (like Pushys & Ccache) had them for $59.99, one storefront had them for $50 !!! It was an Aussie place in Sydney (they are also Raild that do wheelsets), the site was

https://thebrig.com.au/

Do they go ok with Shimano running gear?
I think the 12s goers dont.
I did use a 10s sram chain years ago, but wasn't impressed with longevity. Interested to hear how these go.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:16 am

Do they go ok with Shimano running gear?
I think the 12s goers dont.
I did use a 10s sram chain years ago, but wasn't impressed with longevity. Interested to hear how these go.
Yep, 11sp is fully compatible. It's the 12sp SRAM with the Flat top chain due to odd sized rollers that is the odd one out.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:24 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Yep, 11sp is fully compatible. It's the 12sp SRAM with the Flat top chain due to odd sized rollers that is the odd one out.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

linkagedonkey

Postby linkagedonkey » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:08 am

I'm taking it in stride if my order doesn't make it this week. Unfortunately, I encountered a setback during this morning's group ride – snapped my second BB30/FSA SLK crank in just two weeks. As a result, I'll be sidelined until the adapter (for the conversion to standard screw-in crank) and my Ultegra 6700 cranks arrive. Interestingly, I'll be getting them from a different bike store, not the one where I initially made the purchase. Just one of those days in the cycling world!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:19 am

linkagedonkey wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:08 am
I'm taking it in stride if my order doesn't make it this week. Unfortunately, I encountered a setback during this morning's group ride – snapped my second BB30/FSA SLK crank in just two weeks. As a result, I'll be sidelined until the adapter (for the conversion to standard screw-in crank) and my Ultegra 6700 cranks arrive. Interestingly, I'll be getting them from a different bike store, not the one where I initially made the purchase. Just one of those days in the cycling world!
are in you in Brisbane? Pretty sure I have one those FSA SLK cranks

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:44 am

Grabbed a few things from Crooze.com.au, who I had never heard of/purchased from before.

Was happy some of the apparel on special wasn't only only XS like some other online retailers.

Site advertised free shipping at $80, but I somehow got free shipping while only spending ~$60. Also got 10% off for signing up to the newsletter.

All in all a good experience, nice to have another retail option.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:20 pm

I think I saw them pop up recently as a search result. Likewise no fanfare, so I was a bit dubious. Good to hear of at least one good experience.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

blizzard

Postby blizzard » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:36 pm

Has anyone else noticed the BikeBug website is now terrible to use. The filters are hard to find (on mobile at least) and the more info button still cuts off a lot of the information.

AndrewCowley

Postby AndrewCowley » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:54 am

blizzard wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:36 pm
Has anyone else noticed the BikeBug website is now terrible to use. The filters are hard to find (on mobile at least) and the more info button still cuts off a lot of the information.

Yes. The idiot who built the Pushys web site must have been making changes.

CmdrBiggles

Postby CmdrBiggles » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:17 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:54 am
blizzard wrote:

Yes. The idiot who built the Pushys web site must have been making changes.

I agree the Pushys website is a tad challenging to navigate effectively. Hover-drop menus seem to pop up annoyingly even without focus anywhere near them. Very frustrating!
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter [Yellow Peril]

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:29 pm

blizzard wrote:
I don’t use it since it was taken over and the real shops all closed. Maybe someone from the business is reading this…

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:03 am

Bikeinn had the parts I wanted at a reasonable price - I would have grabbed tyres as well however postage for folding tyres was ridiculously high.

Placed an order because they estimated a quick delivery - order placed on 17 March, with an estimated delivery date of 22-29 March. Nope

Not even shipped until 22 March & no delivery. They provide a tracking number for Spring GDS, whoever that is, but the order says it will be shipped by Australia Post - tried to track through either website, but nada.

Contacted them & am told a completely different tracking #, which shows it flew out of the Netherlands on 27 March, but still hasn't arrived in Aus - must be a slow plane :roll:
Anything you can do, I can do slower

CmdrBiggles

Postby CmdrBiggles » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:43 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:03 am
Bikeinn had the parts I wanted at a reasonable price - I would have grabbed tyres as well however postage for folding tyres was ridiculously high.

Placed an order because they estimated a quick delivery - order placed on 17 March, with an estimated delivery date of 22-29 March. Nope

Not even shipped until 22 March & no delivery. They provide a tracking number for Spring GDS, whoever that is, but the order says it will be shipped by Australia Post - tried to track through either website, but nada.

Contacted them & am told a completely different tracking #, which shows it flew out of the Netherlands on 27 March, but still hasn't arrived in Aus - must be a slow plane :roll:

Expect a very long delay. It is not one plane, but likely two (ex-Amsterdam-Schiphol). And each handover requires a new authority through port Customs and once in Australia, more Customs, inspections, tax stuff, then a punt to Australia Post and then it should make some progress. "Should". Not "will". Goodness me, not sure why you'd be enthusiastic buying anything from the NL with the strife and lead-times.
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter [Yellow Peril]

CmdrBiggles

Postby CmdrBiggles » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:47 pm

Thumbs up to the crew at ccache.cc (AT) Marrickville (I would have shopped in Big Town/Melbourne but the sometime small store there didn't have the trinket I wanted). Very smooth, assured ordering process and item updated to Express Post to get around typical AusPost bottlenecks on the Sydney-Victoria mail system. Ordered Monday prior Easter, arrived Wednesday morning.