Online Group Training: An Invitation

MichaelB

Re: Online Group Training: An Invitation

Postby MichaelB » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm
OK, thanks, working on it.
Cheers :D

Just realised that had to make the majority of my rides public, so there is some history to work through !! I've done it back to the start of July, but if you need more, let me know. Bloody tedious process …. :roll:

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm
OK, thanks, working on it.
Cheers :D

Just realised that had to make the majority of my rides public, so there is some history to work through !! I've done it back to the start of July, but if you need more, let me know. Bloody tedious process …. :roll:
Oooh, sounds a little painful. Shame Strava doesn't have a simpler way to select and apply the change. July should be ample.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:24 pm

https://www.beredatraining.com/movement ... -challenge

Again, thanks for your support and I hope you’ll join us as we turn a significant page in our business and look towards a future of Group Coaching.
Your link isn't working on Firefox 70.0 64bit Mac OS (on Mac Pro).

It is whinging about a failed JS script loading:
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://d24n15hnbwhuhn.cloudfront.net/l ... -min.gz.js”.
It is working in Chrome 78.0.3904.70.

Kudos for the idea. Looks like a great thing. 8)

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:11 pm

OK thanks for the tech feedback, will pass it all onto to the tech team.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 am

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 pm
Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Excellent! Great to have you on board.

I haven't seen a join request from you though, so looking out for that.

I'll be sorting out payment method in the coming days, and will advise members about that from within the group.

Well I've followed the links, but maybe missed one ?

the email I used is tamsXXXXXXX@gmail.com

It will be interesting to be a participant and see how it goes. Looking fwd to it :mrgreen:
You should be in now. :)

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 am

g-boaf wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Your link isn't working on Firefox 70.0 64bit Mac OS (on Mac Pro).

It is whinging about a failed JS script loading:
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://d24n15hnbwhuhn.cloudfront.net/l ... -min.gz.js”.
It is working in Chrome 78.0.3904.70.

Kudos for the idea. Looks like a great thing. 8)
Just a follow up, the tech team are aware of issues with some browser combinations. They are working on it although I don't personally have an ETA. I suspect it's an ongoing process. Thanks for pointing them out, it's appreciated. :)

Bereda have impressed us with their customer focus and responsiveness to feedback and ideas, a key reason we have chosen to work with them on this new venture.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:00 am

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 am
You should be in now. :)
:mrgreen:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:15 am

My reason for joining (from the Cycology farceberk page)

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:41 pm

I'd encourage anyone interested in improving their cycling performance to join in.
The feedback from Alex and the Bereta people has already been excellent. Needed a little help linking Garmin Connect to Strava and Bereta. All sorted now.
Off and running, on my bike. :D

eeney

Postby eeney » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:15 am

Picking-up the older thread - I joined the Group Coaching last year because I wanted to try something more structured but at low cost. The links won't work because they moved platforms, now you get a calendar with a schedule that you can follow, or edit to suit you availability.... cyclecoach.com is probably the best link.

Before this I'd done several Zwift training plans, and a mixture of workouts, but wanted something more structured. I joined the TT group to build a base, and I've seen great results, FTP up 15% in three months, which may not sound much, but that's taken me from a high cat B Zwift racer to mid cat A, which I didn't expect at 47 years of age.

The training provides guided, progressive load which is working. The coaches provide group feedback, and periodically have group chat sessions on a chosen topic, eg. nutrition. The weekly schedule includes a number of downloadable workouts, but also flexibility (with guidance) for your own rides, especially on weekends which is something I like, because I still have social rides, and fit in other Zwift group rides/races. It actually feels more flexible than the Zwift structured training plans.

I'm not related in any way to cyclecoach, just a 47YO father of two zwifting in my garage and riding social on weekends in Sydney, this is my own personal feedback, I like to train, want to see results, but don't want to pay $200+ per month for a coach, I'm not that serious. I would like more people to sign up because there is a social side to the group which makes it more motivating and you learn from each other.

RicCycleCoach

Postby RicCycleCoach » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi Eeny and everyone else!

Thank you so much for the amazing review.

Hope no one minds me chipping in here? We've been having great success with the Group Coaching programme we've been delivering -- we have a Time Trial Group, a Gran Fondo/Long Road Race Group, Triathlon Group, and just about to start an E-Racer Group.

Our Group Coaching, keeps to shortish hours mid-week with longer hours at the weekend. Additionally, as Eeny suggests the group coach can make changes based on your needs plus there's advice in a monthly Q&A with the coach, and there's always a ton of advice from the other group members.

The Group Coaching is run by myself (Ric) and Coach Neil -- there's workouts you can use on Zwift and Trainer Road (or they can be uploaded to your head units such as Garmin, etc).

If there's a specific group anyone would like then so long as we have at least 10 people for it we can create one for you -- this could be a group specific to a club/team, or an event/type of cycling.

If anyone has any questions please do give me a shout :)
Ric