Greg LeMond Story

foo on patrol

Greg LeMond Story

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am

Do yourself a favor and watch this vid. :idea: It's long but there are many very good points in it.

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Dodgy-Knee

Re: Greg LeMond Story

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 am

Good video but unfortunate camera placement…. Are those devil horns or rabbit ears on Greg’s head?

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:59 pm

:lol: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

elantra

Postby elantra » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:54 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am
Do yourself a favor and watch this vid. :idea: It's long but there are many very good points in it.

Foo
Yep I did find that fascinating, there are so many ‘chapters’ in the Greg Lemond story, which roughly parallel the history of cycling 1981 - 2011

Fascinating to listen to his character assessments of various people, not just LA but also Hinault, Fignon, Pantani, Ulrich, and others.

And of course the unfortunate “revolution” in pro cycling which was the widespread adoption of EPO in the early 1990’s.
And the tragic death of a friend of his who was a pro cyclist and obviously had too big a dose of EPO.

He also refers to more current issues of sneaky stuff in the pro cycling world, such as unnatural/dangerous rider weight loss and motor doping technology etc.